Discomfort on my right eye after 3 months of cataract surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

i felt something in my right eye on the inner corner of my eye. The optometrist told me it's block where the tears come out. She said it's been swollen but not infected. My eyes get red especially in the afternoon. It's been 3 months since the operation. My left eye heals quickly and i had the operation last Sept. 1,2017. Vision is clear no problem. Has anyone experience the same way. I am a resident of Australia.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Can the doctor via surgery clear the blocked tear duct?
    • Posted

i will going to see him on Oct. 9. But everytime i complain about he said it's pretty good. 

• Posted

I had that, but my doc just put a tiny, tiny tube in the tear duct and it cleared up immediately.
    • Posted

Good surgery corrected your issue. So all is well now? Just curious, was your surgery covered by insurance or did you pay out-of-pocket?
    • Posted

I don't have health insurance just medicare. I paid the whole amount of surgery.

• Posted

Just curious. How much is it for one eye?

I paid out-of-pocket too. I'm an American living in the Philippines. Medicare doesn't cover Americans living overseas.

• Posted

It cost me AU$1230 including anaesthesian, but for the surgeon is AU$1050
    • Posted

Wow that's cheap! That equates to $1,824 US dollars. I thought Australia would be more expensive than the Philippines because the cost of living is less here. Mine cost $2,158 US dollars for one eye including the anaesthesian ( & outpatient). My multifocal IOL cost $1,200 US dollars. What is your IOL? Mine is a German brand (made in the Netherlands) called "Oculentis Mplus X." Interesting that your total is cheaper than the Philippines.

• Posted

Mine is made in Australia by Alcon. I think mine is not multifocal. Am a private patient by i was operated in a government hospital on day surgery. How long you have your cataract surgery. 
    • Posted

I had mine done at a private hospital on an outpatient surgery. The opthamologist is famous in this province and he also has a clinic in Manila. He's about 55 therefore he has lots of experience. Normally he operates on 2-5 patients at once. More cost effective in hiring the surgery room/facilities. When I had mine done, there were 2 more patients behind me.

The Oculentis Mplus X is a multifocal lens. It's not produced with the traditional rings. It's manufactured using a high tech injector (patented) that produces the different focal lengths within a single mold. Therefore it produces minimal glare and halos.

Yes if yours is a monofocal, it'll be alot cheaper.

• Posted

May i know the address of his clinic in Manila. Am going home next year. If no improvement in my eye, i might ask for second opinion. 
    • Posted

Dr. Reynaldo Espinueva, MD

International Eye Center

St. Luke's Medical Center

Quezon City

• Posted

Same problem with right eye. Burns, goes blurry. Doctors are so condescending and ignore issues. Tell me it is normal or just because I am old ---69.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.