disconnection zombieness

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi I'm on nearly my 6th week of cit 2omg still have disconnection 24.7 did anyone else get this?I can't think postive ad I'm not connected with my mind and body.also does anyone have a real bad memory?I can hardly remember conversations

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Morning Muza,

Tell me about it! Yep can relate to those feelings and it helps if you have someone close that can understand what you are going through and make note of things for you!

Have you been back to your Doctor and kept him/her up to date with your feelings and what is happening? Hopefully, like mine she talked me through a lot of what was going on with me head and body - each time my Fiancee came along one, to make sure I got there and back (I couldn't go out on my own for about 4 months) and also to know what needed to be remembered.

When you do find you can see a little positivity then hold on to that for the negative or down times and gradually the scales will tip in yer balance.

Keep asking, posting, reading and we'll reach out to you.

Chin up!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi David yes I have a social worker that comes and sees me every week and I have regular check ups.it's just all part of depression I have been through a lot of truma.I'm doing all I can boot camp yoga councling.just hate the feeling of bein so lonley and feeling like your the only one in the world.how long have u been on the meds for?
    • Posted

Morning Muza,

I've been on Cita a little over 14 months now there was a time last year I was considering reducing, but non related illness and non related personal issues put the scuppers on that! Of course, someone here quite rightly asked if Cita is working why would you want to reduce. Well, I think it is something about me not relying on meds most of me life, unless absoultely necessary, like with Cita it took a month before I admitted I was ill and need of help and a couple of weeks to start taking it. It was when I broke down in the surgery I realised things were bad!

I thought that I was in a minority that could see this country turning into a machine and people that could not manage it fall ill. Then I found this site and man, it saved my llife. This and other things and people of course! This forum is an integral part of our recovery and without it we would be isolated.

As I slowly recover I find myself questioning the state and also helping, where I can with a bit of counselling. Here is good because I can give back what has been openly given to me and carry on learning at the same time!

I am just signed fit for work (two weeks ago) and looking to get a few pennies coming in again, counselling may be an option if I can find the right course.

Anyway, remember keep with the forum 'tis good and try to remember like I do, I no longer look inside for the problems that have made me ill because, I have come to realise in these 14 months or so, 99.9% of the time it is outside of us and sometines out of our control whether it be life, work, attitudes, pressures, stresses, disrespect or this uncaring government. We should not blame ourselves.

So! It is Monday, start of the week I have been doing my job search this morn and will continue this afternoon, just in case something appropriate comes up - like stress free loadsa money part-time work would suit! In the meantime I have house work and historical research to do (or is it hysterical?!).

Keep reading, keep asking and keep posting!

regards,

David

• Posted

How long did it take for the meds to start working for you?I don't know how people can work in this state I'm not even worried about getting a job as nothing worries me witch I hate
    • Posted

Morning,

Well, Cita does start working straight away that is why we have to come off gradually (if we ever do) irrespective of how long you've been on them or 'bang' withdrawl! That is probably the only affect of Cita that we can all say we have in common, other than that it takes as long as it takes. Because we're all different!

Me personally, probably putting aside the fact I had a really bad case of (man) flu, which could have been partly affected (as in made worse) by Cita at the very beginning I started to feel the full benefit after 5 to 6 months. Remember, not everyone will take this long or may take even longer just depends on the damage that needs repairing. However, it was a gradual process and one I helped along by a change of lifestyle including, giving up meat, took more exercise (even when I felt I couldn't go out for a walk I did, usually accompanied)), gave up smoking, cut right back on drinking alcohol, put distance between me and that which made me ill in the first place (work), returned to art and design after 40 years!!! God! Where has that gone?! Decorated the house, which needed cheering up like me and began researching for a book on the history of my home town. Kinda took me mind off things - well some of the time. You see, I, even now, get downers which I have to qualify with the fact my closest brother died beginning of December just last. So, you see not only are we all different and Cita affects people with not always the same side effects, nor intensity, but other external things can also affect us and I guess that's why we are here!

Some people would love to be in a position where nothing worries them, but it is good you shared this as it obviously causes concern for you. I would suggest just don't try and hurry anything, a job will come along when you are ready for it, the worse anyone can do is return to any kind of employ too soon. After 14/15 months I am ready, but it is on my terms. Don't get me wrong we need money coming in, but the lifestyle change has meant (even though signed unfit for work for 14 months) we have not had the same expenses as previously.

Today is a new day, I couldn't sleep any longer this morning so, got up at 3.30am!!! However, I had a beautiful full(ish) moon to greet me - now there's a good (if early) start to the day!

Hope you have a good one too!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi muza

I can totally understand what you are saying I am just starting week 7 my sixth on 20mg. But am still struggling most of the time to naturally converse with my work colleges and at times I'm really having to force my self to laugh along with things which I have never had a problem with.

My concentration is bloody terrible and I'm mixing my words up a lot also getting a lot of feeling of fuzzy Ness in my head and blurred vision. I keep telling my self it's the medication and it will all sort it's self out and I'll be back to my normal jovial self.

Saying all that I am feeling a lot better in my self since I started taking the CIT. And am trying to see things in a positive light.

This forum has been a huge help tho getting me through some tough times.

We can all help each other by sharing our thoughts as we are all going through similar experience's.

All the best Kevin.

• Posted

It's pretty crazy aey I am feeling al it more stable then eat I was just hate how my day is pretty much a big blur I'm not even connected to the time or nothing can't feel my self in my own body I'll go places won't even remember driving there or anything it's crazy the lonleyNess is the worst

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up