Diseased Gallbladder - No Stone - So Glad I Had it Out!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I didn't have a ton of pain in the usual places with my gallbladder. I had horrible C3, C4 and C5 neck pain for over a year, along with a diagnosis of RA and severe fatigue.

?My primary care physician suggested I get my gallbladder checked because of major digestive issues, which they could only pin on potentially having celiacs; but I didn't (after endoscopy, etc).

?Jump to a hyda scan that came back as my gallbladder only emptying at 13%, a consult with 3 general surgeons, and a final decision having to be made by myself on whether to get the gallbladder out or not. Surgeons were not sure getting my gallbladder out would make much of a difference, considering I didn't have the usual symptoms.

?I decided that I wanted to have my gallbladder out, as I knew it was creating a drain on my system and my overall health.

?All I can say is immediately after having the gallbladder out -- my brain fog had gone away. I felt incredibly clear headed. When I saw what my gallbladder looked like, I was so incredibly relieved that I had pushed to have it out. My neck pain went away as well.

?My advice to everyone is if you know something is wrong with you -- do not stop trying to figure out what it is.  Just because you may not have the primary symptoms, do your research on what the other symptoms are. Your body may react differently than the average person.

This is not an endorsement for getting your gallbladder out, but I did want to share my story, as my gallbladder happened to be the key source to a lot of my frustrating health problems.

Thanks for reading. KK.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

That's great to hear!   Thanks for posting and letting us know. 

We need more positive posts like yours  !!

• Posted

I was exactly the same. None of ‘usual’ symptoms related to gallstones although I had them.  I woke up everyday feeling like I had the mother of all hangovers, bleeding gums, Brown/black spots all over legs and thighs and extreme fatigue. 

The minute I had my gallbladder removed (6 weeks ago now) I immediately felt the difference and the marks on my legs began to fade that same day. 

I knew something was poisoning my Body and would not let the doctors stop until they found it. I encourage everyone to do the same. No one knows your body like you do smile

• Posted

Hi..thanks for sharing. What are all the symptoms you had with non working gallbladder. When did you remove the gb?

My HIDA scan is 0% , pain on right side and discomfort on left side , but no severe enough to go for ER. I'm more concerned of my Brian fog/Confusion state /dizziness compared to my indigestion.Also very fatigue. Still debating on the gallbladder to take it or not.

• Posted

Hello,

I have all the same symptoms but my gallbladder is functioning at 31%. I am miserable every day right flank pain, right shoulder pain, nausea, belching, constipation, brain fog. I feel terrible. I have surgeon appointment today but these symptoms have not gotten better in 4 months just worse. No matter what I do I feel horrible. Taking out my gallbladder is the only relief I can think of. I even wen to chiropractor because ER doc thinks muscle skeltal. Anyone else have any similar symptoms? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.