Distal radius fracture - left wrist - 2months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Well just over 2months ago since broke wrist and surgery where I have plate and screws. Having physio once a week and have had splint on/off for most of time up till last week and consultant said nor needed. However even with physio still very limited movement,can partly turn palm up about 2/3rd and same palm down, elbow and shoulder stiff but trying to keep movibg around and stretching arm in air as far as possible at moment. I've now been off work 2months as can't use keyboard as using mobile to do most online stuff and use thimb/one hand -good one! . I'm praying by wrist/arm improves as I'm concerned and getting down. Physio is painful though necessary and some days hand us so swollen still!!and moving it is so hard. Feeling very anxious and praying for improvement in next few weeks. Any comments or suggestions /advice would be so appreciated. Regards x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am 3 months post surgery of left wrist distal radius fracture. My splint removed after 1.5 month and now 1.5 months since removal. I took physiotherapy for 1 months every alternate day. Most movement back except flexion. Today I drove my car for the fist time since fracture. I am doing exercises on own and trying to do as many activities as I can. Very less swelling but mild pain. I feel the plate and some stiffness also. But I hope it will improve in coming months. Hope you improve soon.
    • Posted

Hi

Thank you for replying. I've had severe break both bones broken and consultant said likely not get 100%mobility back not sure if that is a cross the board issue? . Yep exercises throughout day. Attempt to use keyboard managed in a fashion either little finger and ring finger also picked up half bottle of mouthwash the other day which I'm taking as a positive. Well done with getting back behind wheel,I'm so missing my driving and a little stir crazy.

I had splint on for 2months so only off for just over a week and physio once a week and specific exercises for each week.

Swelling gets me concerned as some mornings can hardly move fingers.

This is much appreciated and a little reassuring.

Regards x

• Posted

Hi Monica

Don't worry about swelling. The more you strengthen your isles the lesser will be swelling. I think using your hand for small doable tasks is very important. Recovery will be slow but will definitely happen. I am working towards getting flexion motion and feeling better with implant.

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hi

Good luck with your motion flexion!. Yep I'm trying small things ie:tissue out of box and holding apple/fruit to peel. I'm hoping by at least January I'll have a better mobility of it as only signed off work till 10/1. Best wishes to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.