Diverticulites.

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is the second flare since a colonoscopy last Dec .but it is lasted now 4 weeks. Blood and mucus .I'm so so depressed with this cannot seem to function .little appetite.and was clear for nearly 2 day. So made a fish pie with mash. Then 30 mins later rushed to loo burst out of me with blood and mucus again. Last of tablets today .help.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I would talk to your DR I also usually stay on fluids until I feel my bowel is ok. Then just a little at a time. The antibiotics are very strong and get rid of all the good bacteria as well as bad. Maybe a probiotic would help put the good bacteria back into your body. But if you are worried talk to your DR   I hope you feel better soon 
    • Posted

Thankyou. I just cannot stop crying over this. Just had some porridge...but then had to go loo. But thanks.
  • Posted

I was the same a year ago. I didn't go out for months for fear of needing the loo. I spent my time sat crying. But one day I decided it wasn't going to control me and I put a pad wips  and a pair of pants in my bag  and went to the shops   I didn't need the loo at all  I spent only about half an hour there but it made me feel so much better. I now always carry them with me just in case.  I have IBS has well as DD   Once this flare as gone you should feel much better. Scroll through this forum you will find lots of people who have been in the same situation. It helped me to do that. Falinia who is on this forum is a great help. Have you thought of a food diary. I used one when I was bad it showed me what I couldn't eat. Good luck I hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

I can't eat oily fish or porridge , gives me terrible pain and the runs .

It sounds like the food you are eating that's causing you problems .

I would steer clear of fibre and anything that makes you go until you've healed

from this flare up . Very bland foods are best . Also I take 2 probiotic s every day

and drink one and a half litres of water every day.Try to eat every thing fresh , tinned

and pre packed products are full of rubbish . Good luck and let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Thankyou linda.im so depressed crying whilst doing this. I'm hungry but scared to eat since this morning had porridge. I've a headache indigestion and feel rotten.

• Posted

Keep a food diary everyday then you will see what it is that's upsetting you. Like I said in a previous post I stayed in for weeks afraid to go out for fear of needing toilet. I cried all the time became very depressed. My consultant told me to take half an Imodium tablet when I get like that so that's what I do. It does stop it but not enough to constipat   I would ask your DR to see a consultant if you haven't already and maybe a dietitian to help work out what you can eat. Hope this helps and you feel better soon 

• Posted

Hi Gloria, I know how you feel as I get bouts like this .

I have recently had my gallbladder removed so have a double whammy.

Getting stressed makes me feel worse . I know it's hard but try to calm yourself.

This will pass , I know it doesn't feel like lt now but it will !Do you like chamomile tea ?

I find a cup helps calm my stomach . Eat very small amounts and try to figure out what

upsets you . You could try toast , plain jacket potato , plain crackers. Fluid is more

Important than food at this stage . Your bowel needs to rest to recover from the trauma.

Hope you feel better soon . See your doctor if no better .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.