Diverticulitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last week Monday the 22nd of February I suffered an episode of Diverticulitis and I thought I was recovering but on Monday this week I was not able to poop and have sharp pains in my area when trying to go. I immediately went to see the doctor again Tuesday yesterday and according to her she stated that I should go back on a liquid diet and continue with both medication in its entirety. I'm at my wits end and don't feel well at all. She stated that in a few days if things haven't gotten any better I should go back to the emergency and have an IV, and a ct scan should be performed to see if what else is going on in my tummy. I can't go to work due to the pressure and my anxieties are kicking in. I am extremely stressed, tired.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh angelina you are in a state. Please try not to stress as that will not help you. I know it's easier said than done. Keep on the liquid diet but if it gets any worse or you still feel bad please go to the hospital and get it checked out.  Don't try and battle on as you could end up worse. Hope you soon feel better xx
    • Posted

Thank you for the response. I know it's very difficult for me to think positive but yes if it gets as worse I will go the hospital.
  • Posted

Hi Angelina how are you now? please keep us up to date with how you are doing.
    • Posted

Hello, I am doing much better thank you. Not fully 100 percent but gradually getting there. I have return to work and watching what I eat. It's really hard because I am always hungry now since I can only eat certain things. I think of the consequences if I don't eat right.  Through all of this I have lost weight I think so yeah it's a slow process towards being a 100 percent. Again, thank you so much for asking
  • Posted

Hello.. Hope ur feelin better than before.. I'm in the same boat as u .. Goin to c my gp today.. I hv been diagnosed with diverticulitis and I have fistula between my bowel and bladder.. Waiting for my op .. Thy are goin to resection my bladder and remove the damaged colon and have stoma bag.. Which could be for life.. I have severe sharp pain in lower abdomen and have the sudden urge to go toilet but when I do its sharp pain in my bladder .. I do take antibiotics when my colon flares up.. But it's been 4 weeks and I can't cope with it anymore.. I will try liquid diet.. Plus I'm a Carer for my son age 8 who has Autism .. It's gets so difficult that I just have a good cry ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.