Diverticulitis and rapid/irregular heart beat -- anyone experienced that?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was hospitalized for IV antibiotics for diverticulitis in January 2018. Had never had high blood pressure before, but apparently the pain from DD caused a spike, and I was put on a low dose Metoprolol. Since then, I occasionally experience rapid/irregular heart beat which I attribute to DD. I feel great when I wake up in the morning, but 2 hours later, mild twinges in the ab, and I feel like I need to lay down. How is everyone else with DD managing?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have the exact same scenario every day. I had an 8 ml abscess that was drained and have  another small one behind my bladder currently. It’s 2.1 cm so too small to drain. Dr says my body will eventually disperse it. I have resection surgery in less than 3 weeks so any remaining puss will be cleaned out. Dr says my symptoms are due to the existing abscess and bladder inflamation. 

Have you had a CT scan? I would ask for that to rule out abscess. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.