Diverticulitis and sinuses?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wonder if anyone else has problems with sinuses along with diverticulitis. I know it sounds stupid but I have had awful sinus problems for almost a year, much worse when the diverticulitis flares up. As I seem to do a lot of "belching" during this time, I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shirley - Your comment about sinus problems is an interesting one.  When a person is having a bad bought of Diverticulitis there usually is a lot of gas and bloating  associated with it.  I have found that the bile or acid reflux can well up in my system and cause sinus, headache and even my jaws will hurt at times.  
    • Posted

I found that information on a site some time ago but no one would believe there was a connection. Thanks Donna!!
    • Posted

I wish there were more research into our disease. Try and have some good moments in your day.  Best for now. Donna (Canada)
  • Posted

I've just today been diagnosed with diverticulitus which started in Jan I've also had constant sinus problems since around March could they be related ? Makes you wonder doesn't it time to google for answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.