Diverticulitis Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. My pain in lower left side has not really gone away since I started with Diverticulitis in November, does the pain ever go away. 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When I have an attack pain goes within  a few days, but the bloating and the nasty side effects  from the anti-biotics last a lot longer. Since my first occurance  I have suffered from very loose motions but I have recently been taking Regucol and it has been a Godsend.

• Posted

Mine only lasted about 2 weeks then it was just a tenderness for another week or so.
    • Posted

Hi linda, Thanks for you reply, as I have said I have had this pain on going since it started In November, I dont feel ill. its just this nagging pain I get lower left side then moves sometimes near my right hip and sometimes in my back on the right. it seems we all get diffrent effects. its doing my head in as i just want to get on with my life 
    • Posted

That is how I feel I just want my life back. I don't want to be afraid to go out incase I need a toilet I want the pain to go. None of the Drs seam to know what to recommend. They tell me it's trial and error.

• Posted

I also had diverticulitis diagnosed at the end of last year after two years of loose bowel movements and various tests for other things. My lower bowel pain is intermittent and there are days when the pain does go away. If you are taking any medication it is worth checking whether they are contributing to the pain. Everyone seems to be affected in different ways and it is trial and error to find the right treatment for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.