Diverticulitis pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been diagnosed with diverticulitis 3 weeks ago. I am having severe pain all across lower abdomen that comes in waves over 2 hours, usually about 2 hours after waking up. Does anyone else experience this?. Is this normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When I have diverticulitis I have pain all the time until I get an antibiotic. Try some heat in the area and eat a soft  diet for a few days. Go see your PC if it continues.
  • Posted

Mine was usually 2 hours before waking up. I am not a doctor, but I was desperate, so I took dog bite medication, amoxicillin-clavulanate (clavimox) that stuff will knock out anything. The pain went away for about 4 months, but the damage had already been done.The thing people don't realize is that diverticulitis causes secondary infection.

If I were you, I would get some clavamox. Take it for the recommended 7 days, I am sure you will feel better. It is not a cure for what you have, but it will cure your pain for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.