Diverticulosis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Newly diagnosed after 5 years of pain and treatment for gastritis I have right hand pain does anyone else experience it on the right hand side and can anyone tell me if the ache ever stops?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi MrsMo,

I'm assuming the diagnosis was by colonoscopy.  Mine was similarly detected.  I had no feedback on where the pocket(s) was seen and so the containment of decaying matter could have been anywhere in the colon!  Hence it seems likely that if your pocket(s) is in the ascending colon ('up' the right side)  then you could well have pain reported from that side.  I'm not a medic, so whether that's really atypical I couldn't say, but it seems logical that if the herniation is earlier in the tract than most commonly found, it could give right side pain.  However, if you are a lady with diverticulosis, it isn't necessarily the only thing going on around there!  I hope your medics are thinking holistically.

Good luck,

Pete.    

• Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with diverticulitis 3 years ago after being admitted to hospital with severe pain and bleeding. I was in the hospital on drips every day for a week. My pain was on the right side. The pain was on and off after I left hospital. I have had a few attacks since but not as bad as the first attack. Looking back I think I have had this condition for quite some time but thought it was just an upset stomach.

Hope you feel better soon. 

• Posted

Thanks for the responses I am revisiting docs on Monday and hope to get some answers

And yes Pete I have had a virtual colonoscopy but it was extremely painful and I hope never to experience this again all other avenues have been checked I am just very tired of pain been going on now for at least 5 years as I stated before and maybe even longer becomes very tiring as you can imagine

• Posted

Well been back to Dr's today and she hasnt even heard from the consultant from 3 weeks ago have to go back in 2 weeks as requesting scan report feels maybe something else going on beside diverticulosis oh joy.
  • Posted

Glad to hear your getting more tests. Pain in the lower abdomen and bloating can be a symptom of ovarian cancer, and it's wise to get the tests which will rule this out...at least for the present. I have recently read that the blood test that they do can indicate a negative in the early stages of the cancer so it seems wise to get tested every so often, especially if it runs in your family. My mother died of ovarian cancer at 63 and I am just 62 so I think I will go back and ask for another test as the last one 3 years ago came back negative.
    • Posted

Thanks Tess 053 for your response luckily for me had full hysterectomy in my early 50's so no issues with ovaries, but doctor is waiting for consultants results now on virtual colonoscopy perhaps we can then go from there, feeling very tired with it all.  Hope any future tests you have show negative for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.