as well as a shed load of trepidation.

The  offered !!--Menu--!!! found me eating boiled or mashed potatoes,

scrambled eggs,custard,a few dissolved veggies, and numerous other

slippery foods.. A warning emblazened in my brain  to ""Look at food, but

don't eat IT""

Losing weight, and the will to live,and a very empty stomach.(because

my brain conjured up a vision of little devils with a brush and shovel,

who swept any food on it's way down straight into the "Pouches" and

left it to fester like an unexploded bomb.

Help was needed "big time",so I asked for it by starting DIVI DINERS

forum, and waited.

It came from other devotees of this awful D.D  What a relief to find that 

I was not the only kid on the block.

They offered food to eat, to avoid,sucesses ,disasters,to enjoy,and most

imprtantly, food to chew..

A lot of laughs,shared horror stories,new friends  (sort of  ),and a happier outlook on life after I discovered about Probiotics, tablet form.

Since I started taking them last August,,I have become pain free,and I 

have no one to tell.

I can only presume that the Divi Diners crowd are all in good health,

I feel a tad like "E. T. having to ask if there is anybody there??,and how

are you all ?

I still can't bring myself to eat (WUSS)  crunchy veggies,toasted tea cakes , NUTS, and hot curries  and fruit cake, but I have discovered 

a small pleasure in fresh cream eclairs,and Jaffa cakes.

How is every one ?????????????????????????????

Jacquelinesad 

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi, i need advice,i have dd and am trying to get travel insurance,everyone i try for medical screening refuses to aknowledge this dreadful problem,you can have ibs or chroans but you cant have dd,now my problem is do i get travel insurance without the screening or does dd come up as something else and nobody has told us sufferes what it is?thank you for any advice.
    • Posted

Hi Daisy I wasn't aware that a lumpy colon was terminal, what is their 

problem . ? Do you have to show them proof, Maybe a DVD of your

colonoscopy might do the trick. Sorry  Daisy .I just find the situation 

ridiculous.  Maybe your GP will give you a letter . Have to say Daisy 

insurance is not an obligatory , must have . accessory. I personally 

never use it 

• Posted

Well Daisy. what  happened about the insurance ?

Could be worth asking the insurers where they got the information from about it

.On the other hand why bother ,Heart patients travel;without any agro.

If you sorted it ,where did you go, and hopefully didn't eat any 

rubbishquestion

• Posted

I have to say I eat anything. Nuts, curries, spices, broccoli is my favourite vegetables. I had one flare after having the flu when I t a bit constipated. Apart from this I try to follow anti inflammatory diet after episodes to curb the lingering inflammation in the guts. I have also had a bit of ibs symptom st times which I took kolanticon for. This worked a treat. Ni more bloating. I refuse to give in to this stupid illness. Font care for it being chronic. Just have to get on with it. A and o us to stay regular with toilet and I font know about you out there. So

E if you may have true food allergies contributing to your symptoms. I don't. Lots of strawberries are laxating. So this may be why you can't eat too much of it. But that is a good thing for us. Clear out the pipes. . In upset to see this thing about travel insurance. I had a hunch it may be a problem. But rather than a dressing it diverticulitis try diverticular disease or diverticulosis. I doubt anyone wants to insure you with acute diverticulitis. Too risky. You will most likely end up in hospital or at least at doctors surgery

• Posted

Not allergic to any foods, but am now wary of PAIN. Never want 

that, or the remedy ever again, if I can really avoid it.  I occassionally 

get a bloat ,but it's my fault, I know that bread is the cause, but the taste

buds over rule the brain at times . Have to ask

• Posted

I love onions! I think you may be a tad gluten intolerant. Many are. Try cutting it out for a month and see if there's improve ment. It can make you very tired too if that's the case. I have had ibs symptoms in and off over the years and it gets worse when I have diverticulitis. It's going hand in hand with the gut infection so I'm not surprised it glares up too when I get diverticulitis. I just realised they might not list diverticular disease as the chances of you having a episode of complicated diverticulitis is very low. The only one most of us unlucky ones have us when the disease debut. I had micro perforation with peritonitis. They said at time I was extremely unlucky and very unlikely to have it again. I have not had it yet so thankful for that. Insurers are following statistics and how likely are we to cause a payout?!
    • Posted

The insurance job .I think refers to someone else, because I don't do 

ABROAD anymore. I prefer to tootle around the U'K .and keep clear of motorways. You are probably right about the gluten thing. Cake 

and. surprisingly now, Cream crackers like to make me lumpy. My 

weaponagainst bloat is Mebeverine ., acts like bursting a balloon

• Posted

Yes, if works just as well. I'm moving to America and I refuse to let this get me down. I was diagnosed a year ago nearly. No help to be had from doctors. What I read on topix, Americans gets operation a lot easier. Here you won't. They won't touch you until you have proper perforation. It's a bit strange as there's lots of documented cases of chronic diverticulitis that has benefited from elective resection. The patients become symptom free after surgery after having pain for years. Du section if respected tissue shows inflammation! But here I told them how painful it is and they said they can't do anymore fir me and fun charged me. I lost faith in the NHS totally. I really have. I'm only 38 and list nearly 5 months of work in last year did to misdagnosis and lack of help. Went over 2 months with diverticulitis before I got diagnosed. Only got my sheer persistence if 9 visits to Dr and a and e did I finally get a ct scan that confirmed diagnosis. By this stage it was chronic. In total that episode lasted 5 months!!! In the end they stock me on amitryptilin to curb the pain. I started and inflammatory diet and could come off amitryptilin after 3 months. I was totally pain free for 3 months without any drugs. Then I had the flu which set it off again.
    • Posted

I think we have been shoved on the back burner, no wonder we get 

flares. DD really likes stress, bit like manure on roses

When are you off to the States,and a pain free life ??????????????????,

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline, Am new to this forum or in fact any forum! Also have severe DD and am struggling with what to eat and how long to stay on a low residue diet, as have severe inflammation and 4 repeat flare ups/infections in just 2 months, had my first sigmoidoscopy day before yesterday and had to stop the procedure as too inflamed and painful to complete it. Back on yet another course of double antibiotics and will have another 'scopy' in 3 months under general anaestetic, so they can take biopsies etc and check for other diseases./conditions, my GP says I need have a dietician help me as unable to tolerate any food without causing a flar up, will see what happens when I go to the clinic in a couple of weeks ( first appointment) hoping they will be able to give me some good advice on dealing with this. I too am now afraid of food and losing wieght.

Katesmile

• Posted

Hello Poppy. awful news, I know exactly where you are coming from, and,going to .It's the scariest most painful experience we sufferers 

have to endure. When I have a flare ( not for ages, glad to say )   

soups without bits in ,rice puds, mashed potatoes,and lots of fluids ,to give the inflamation time to settle down.

Iknow you feel that you are never going to feel  well again, but you

will, but sadly it dooes take time

Quite a few of us take probiotics I take the capsules, they keep the bad bugs at bay Have a word with your G.P. At least you have someone helping you

Just eat very little and often and LOADS of water.

Come back if you want a hug

Jacqueline 

• Posted

Thanks Jacqueline,

Can only cope with mashed potatoes and carrot and cheese, rice crackers (not whole grain of course) and probiotic plain yog at the mo, everything else hurts, drink masses of water, so it seems I'm doing the right things while its inflamed, trouble is I've been inflamed for 2 months solid! Hoping the antibiotics will help settle things down.  I never realised quite how complicated this condition can be. Feeling a bit more comfortable already after 2 days on the antibiotics apart from looking like I'm about to have triplets!eek. Looking forward to eventually getting this under some sort of control as it plays havoc with your life as I'm sure you know. Thanks for the offer of a hug, could do with a few of those right now, hugs to you and all the other sufferers out there as well.

Poppy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.