Dizziness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Week 7 back on Citalopram after going off Cold Turkey and landing in what I can imagine hell feels like. I was on 20mg for 7 years prior. Started back on 40mg and now have been on 20mg for 7 days. My depression and anxiety seem to be getting better and being able to deal with it but still getting episodes of exteme dizziness and somewhat of a fog. The dizziness is not the ones that I am sure we all experience where we stand up too quickly and is quick. This is more of a dull dizziness that does not knock me off balance but just makes me feel a littl weird. It comes and goes. Has gotten better since getting back on the meds but still there. After 7 weeks should I still be suffering from this? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Some folk say yes, some say no. If you can handle then side effects then could try hold on, i couldnt and had to try something else
    • Posted

I am going to try hold on. I just figured I would be ok by now and not having side effects. I did mess with my dose a lot so assuming that has something to do with it. 
    • Posted

I took escitoplam for 6 months without any side effects four years ago. I've tried to take them again and I just don't like the way I feel. Bodies change and so do our minds - I think we react differently each time. 

Hope your side effects settle and you feel better. 

• Posted

I'm experiencing the exact same thing, I was on Seroxat for 8 years 2 off then back on been increasing my dose from 4 weeks ago but my head is so foggy and like you I feel dizzy and heavy headed and feel like I have to lay down, I'm frantically wanting to feel ok for Christmas! I'm so tired, how is your sleeping? 
    • Posted

My sleeping is finally back to somewhat normal. I was staying up until 3-4am every night with the anxiety and foggy feeling. I can finally go to bed now once I am relaxed. It now seems I am more tired then anything. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.