dizziness and weird head pressure

Posted , 7 users are following.

For the past year I have had sometimes constant and severe dizziness and weird head pressure and sensations its so scary like early I felt as if I was going to pass out and die and then I was just sitting there and out of nowhere I had this weird pressure feeling in my head anyone had this please help

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The head pressure and dizziness was probably one of my first symptoms of anxiety, before I even realised what anxiety was I would get that, like you say out of nowhere and honestly believe I would pass out on the spot.

It's worth getting your ears checked to rule out any kind of inner ear inection or wax build up but it's a very common anxiety symptom.

Remember that you have not passed out from this yet so there is no reason you will now, it's an anxiety trick, you think you will pass out, die and all these terrible things go around in your head but it's just adrenaline really and that can't harm you, in fact although adrenaline causes horrid symptoms it keeps the body going, you wont die from anxiety.

• Posted

Yes I get it quite a bit unfortunately...especially the pressure in the head part.. it's quite infuriating! Sometimes I also get it at the base of my skull and can hear (what I assume to be) my CSF.. I wish I could say don't think about it and it won't happen =/ but it's not that easy. It should subside quite a bit from some deep relaxation and breathing smile
  • Posted

Thanks for replies I actually have a doctor's app tomorrow I will have them look at my ears my first thought is always brain aynurum or brain tumor
  • Posted

Hey Melissa74686,

I have had this weird pressure feelings and the dizziness seems to come after I start panicing about the Pressure feelings.. I go into compete meltdown mode and super panic craze mode. You are not alone. And if both of us suffer from anxiety problems, it does set my mind to ease that this very well in fact could be anxiety related. If the dizziness is starting out of nowhere and you feel severe tight pressure, I would seek medical attention. Otherwise, I think this is just another "wonderful" symptom of anxiety. Hang in there and hope this gives you some reassurance!

• Posted

Vertigo (inner ear imbalance) causes dizziness which can be from moisture in the ear (from showering) or cold wet weather causing the the ear to be moist. This can lead to sensations in the head as well if left in there. 

Try to see if this plays a factor into your situation, and if it is, then it may be vertigo. You have to keep ears clean and dry. Make sure ears are dry, and also garlic for ear infections may help too. Try researhing about: vertigo, and ear infections and remedies. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Dear Melissa

Get your sinus checked, when i had a sinus infection it caused pain over the head and eyes etc even on the top of my head, it also felt like my head was swaying especially going from hot to cold rooms. Also it caused discomfort in neck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.