Dizziness/ brain fog

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone ever feel dizzy all the time like an off balance dizzy? I swear I have a brain tumor and the fear won't leave me alone. I've been to an ENT and don't have anything wrong with my ears but was referred to a neurologist. I also get brain fog - depersonalization like feelings where I feel like zombie-ish a lot !!! Is this normal for anxiety? It's running my life.

Also wanted to let you guys know if you worry about your heart a lot I bought a fitness bracelet today by Jawbone called UP3 it monitors your heart rate and sleep etc. smile puts your mind at ease a bit for when you think something's wrong.

2 likes, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yup i hate the dizzyness off balance feeling rolleyes also the derealization
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, I also experience the mental fog, on a daily basis. It affects my concentration and memory. Went for a CT scan to check for brain tumor, they didn't find anything. Doctors said it's anxiety related. Feels like you're walking in a dream. Not a pleasant feeling at all.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah, I've been getting really bad dizziness, it's as if my eyes seem off, pressure headaches, some nausea. I've had the brain fog too, it's awful.

It is a symptom of anxiety though, it really can play awful tricks on you.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

When you say your eyes seem off, is it like you almost can't focus. And sensitive to light? Is it worse when you're tired and experiencing stressful situations? I've been experiencing the brain fog on a regular basis and was thinking about going for an eye test. But if it's a symptom of anxiety, that would be unnecessary.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

All day, nearly everyday I have constant brain fog and head pressure. My eyes seem like they're messing up too or have pressure behind them (could be because I get 2-4 hours of sleep per night). I also get the weird "not in reality" depersonalization feeling nearly every day. It's anxiety.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Off ballance dizziness is a huge problem for me at the moment, I do believe that mine is anxiety though, perhaps also exhaustion and a recent increase in my medication but it's awful.

I am battling a complete nervous breakdown with a huge struggle just to leave the house, when I manage it I will get into a shop etc and feel so off balance that I have to hold onto my husband's arm.

Yes I have fear but that balance feeling is crippling too, it pulls my body down and the fog I get is unbearable, can't think straight, can't concentrate and feel like i'm walking around in a bubble.

Doctors have found nothing wrong and are positive that it is all part of my breakdown and current anxiety state but it makes it so hard to function along with everything else I'm feeling.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up