Dizziness from change in TV position

Posted , 4 users are following.

We just got a new TV stand, the TV (60 inch plasma) is about six inches higher than before. We've had the TV over a year. The new stand is just enough difference that I look up a bit at it now. Watching sports on it, the motion of the camera moving makes me dizzy, in fact, I tried watching a nature show, and even that got me. When I stand up, I'm looking down at the TV, and I'm fine. Has anyone come across anything like this before? Any advice? Thanks everyone!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

, I find if the computer moniter is lower, I have more difficulty with dizziness-any looking down seems to exacerbate the problem--just the opposite of you!! I'm sorry i have no remedy except to ck your neck alignment, and see if this could be contributing to the problem. Wish you well.
    • Posted

Thanks! Yeah, I think the stand won't work well, or has to be modified. I wouldn't have even thought of there being an issue!
  • Posted

This sounds familiar to me as I experience different dizzy affects as I run when I look at the horizon for a period and then two metres in front of me for the same distance. I would think that as you probably won't enjoy retraining your brain whilst watching TV, cushions are called for in the interim. Long term, try walking and changing your focus for around 100 hundred metres at a time,  from up to down; it shall be worth the effort. Kind regards, Jon
    • Posted

It's bizarre how some of this stuff works. I also wonder how much is from sinus pressure, my sinuses are most comfortable looking down. Looking up has always caused issues with dizziness and congestion for me. I just never thought five or six inches was that significant!
  • Posted

This probably won't be any help to to you, but I returned to playing bowls and I found it helped. Looking up and down to assess the shot, I was looking at a distance then close to. At first I was more dizzy, but after time I adjusted and now don't have a problem. 

By the way, I am taking Betahistine, prescribed by my doctor. I find it helps a lot. 

Best wishes 

Pauline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.