Dizziness/headaches are back ....causing major health anxierty

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys I posted a few times recently basically in the middle of August I started feeling lightheaded and having headaches everyday. My doc has said its anxiety and I started taking citalopram 10mg. I had some good days where I actually noticed I hadn't felt lightheaded and now it's back. My doc doesn't know what's wrong with me and has organised a CT scan of my head and given me a higher dose of my iron tablets (I have low ferritin). 

I'm just petrified that these symptoms aren't anxiety. If I knew for certain I feel I could deal with them but I'm convinced it's a brain tumour or MS or something and I'm gonna die!! Thing is before I got these symptoms I wasn't depressed/anxious about anything so that's what makes me thing this MUST be bad and not just anxiety. 

The thought of feeling like this forever scares the sh*t outa me. I just wanna me a good mum to my one year old this is destroying my life. 

Can feeling lifjtheaded/having headaches/buzzing in my head really just be anxiety???? Im convincin myself I'm terminal or something here. Thing is other people would have these symptoms and probably not even give them a second thought. 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The dizzyness and the lightheadedness has always been the sign of my anxiety returning, then I get IBS and start thinking negatively.  The lightheadedness always scares me the most as I always think I am going to faint or drop dead in front of people.  It always disappears when I am on medication and so does my IBS.

Anxiety is scary s*it and health anxiety has always been my thing too.

All the best and try to relax, (I know it is hard too), or try to distract yourself to give your brain/emotions a break.

• Posted

Hi Paul,

when you get this light head does your ears or one of them ache and feel blocked at all ? This happens to me.   

Tina

• Posted

Hi Tina,

I never have ear ache with my lightheadedness, maybe you have some mild ear infection.

My lightheadedness seems worse when I am on stairs for some reason, which doesn't help as there are alot in my workplace.

Paul.

• Posted

you need iron in your body to transport oxygen in the blood.  That is probably why you were light headed because of the iron deficiency.

Richard

• Posted

Hi Richard,  I also get this with anxiety but I have had blood tests and my iron levels are fine, so you can get this with out being deficient in iron.

But as you say iron deficiency can also do this to you .

Tina

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies, i take so much comfort in the fact that i am not alone with these symptoms but also feel bad that so many other people are going through this. I felt fine all day yesterday until the evening when i felt headachy, lightheaded and sick to my stomach. I also get this sort of roaring in my head (which is the only way i can describe it). I wonder if its like a form of tinnitus caused by anxiety. I just dont understand why these episodes come on when im not feeling anxious, i dont get it. Thats why i think it must be some sort of physical illness.

Im booking my appt for my brain CT scan today which terrifies me. i just keep imagining them finding somehitng and my little boy growing up without me, which is a very pessimistic way to think, i know.

Just want to feel better, be a good mum and not be a nightmare to live with because i always feel ill. Some days i wake up in a good mood and other days, i will start feeling lightheaded/headachy and thats it im in a stinker of a mood all day because i cant switch off from it. My boyfriend is sick of me sad No one understands or listens to me apart from you lovely people on here x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.