dizziness help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

How do people get over lightheaded spells from anxiety? I'm currently sat in a lecture and keep getting them. Can anyone reassure me? 

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Heyo! Just take deep breaths and focus on your breathing, trust me it works! I get light headed time from time and this is my go to thing. If that doesn't strike your fancy you could always try meditation or if you get time by yourself maybe just listen to some music. Anxiety is the worst, isn't it? You'll be fine regardless, hun. Tis all in your head. Stay strong and god bless! :D 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Koda is spot on.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I get lightheaded most days i sometimes cant even walk around out and about with out linking on to my partner or friend if they am with me, i always feel off balance and faint 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Weeasy. I suffered many years with dizziness and light headedness. It sounds like you are hyperventilating. As we grow older, we start to breathe with our chest, which causes chest pain and tightness. We need to relearn how to breathe with our diaphragm. Try lying down and placing a book on your stomach. As you breathe in and out, make sure the book moves up and down. Your chest should not move. When you are anxious, pay attention to how you are breathing. Do your shoulders raise as you breathe? To further calm yourself, count slowly backwards from 50 to 0. Try to think only of the numbers as you breathe. Hope you feel better. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I always think I am the only one with this dizziness problem, I can identify with what people are saying here.....mine all stems from anxiety, I try to focus on my breathing but when it comes to an anxious situation the whole thing is forgotten.  I worry more about getting dizzy and making a fool of myself by falling over or grabbing onto something and then I start getting anxious and panicky which then makes me dizzy a vicious circle. I also have to link someone when I am out and about coz I am so dizzy and lightheaded 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up