Dizziness / vertigo

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've just started my 3rd prescription of orlistat. I haven't always taken them at every meal, so I started them back in April, and I took the summer off. There have been some periods when I've taken them 3 times a day, and during those periods I've suffered twice with vertigo. Has anyone else had this? I'm just wondering whether it's my age (lol!) or if it's a side effect of orlistat?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had dizzy spells at first but i only do 2 a day? Does it happen when youre getting active? A trip to see doc may be in order just to get blood pressure tested. Take care, C.
  • Posted

Went to see the doc both times, everything OK. Last time it happened I was really ill - in bed for about 3 days, could barely walk to the loo, this time hasn't been so bad, but just wondering if it's too much of a conincidence and that maybe the blueys are to blame. I want to lose weight, but not if it makes me ill!
  • Posted

Poncho....you may just be having an attack of Vertigo regardless of taking the blueys. It just arrives unannounced, or did with me about 5 years ago....simply wakened up and everything was going round and round and I felt so sick...had to crawl to the loo on hands and knees for days and days. My balance has never been the same since.

I was prescribed Betahistine and I take one of these daily but when I feel it coming on slightly I take three per day. I know it is approaching when I cannot turn round in bed without that dizzy feeling.

I don't think age is a factor at all...it can happen to anyone...hope this helps.

• Posted

Wow, sounds a lot like my friend's sister. She use to suffer ongoing dizzy spells from vertigo as well. But she found an easy way to perform head maneuver routines while sleeping comfortably at night. She started using it more than a year ago, and almost immediately her positional vertigo went away and has not recurred even once since. She recommended a SimBalance Pillow system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.