Dizzy and off balance

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello everyone . Just a bit concerned , as today my anxiety has gone into overdrive . I have kept feeling off balance and all I can explain as a swimmy head . It’s very disconcerting and makes me think all sorts is going on . I have had this at times , but it’s always cleared . I am nearly 51 and still have regular periods . My last one was a week ago that only lasted 3 days , but was extremely heavy and painful . Any thoughts please , Jane X

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jane.

I get this also.. I've been told it's normal for perimenopause and menopause. Horrible when you experience it though.

I've had it that bad before that I can't walk.

Try and rest and relax if you can.

Easier said than done, but it does you good.

• Posted

If you search through these threads you will find this is a common complaint. Dizziness, off balance, weird head has been my worst symptom for years. I have never had a hot flash, but I definitely get all forms of "the dizzies". I started tracking it years ago and for me it has been very cyclical. I am 54 and have not had a period in 3 years but even after the last one I would get 2 or 3 days in a row of dizziness/off balance feeling each month almost like clockwork. I still get episodes but they aren't as often. Also, if I've had a long day at work I will get waves in the evening, if I get anxious my head swims, if I avert my eyes a certain way it will bring on a wave of dizziness. You used the same word I always use to describe it - disconcerting! Ugh. And I relate to the anxiety. I do keep up with my doctor appointments and try to take good care of myself. It is scary but I figure if it was something serious I'd have dropped by now 😬 . Just wanted you to know you're not alone.

• Posted

Yes, I used to get this too. I've been on AD for 7 months and it has mostly gone away now. I have low blood pressure but don't know if it contributes to the feeling. My bp would go up a lot during anxiety and panic attacks.

• Posted

Yes I had that dizziness terribly . It’s all hormones it’s like you’re on a boat constantly. I literally could not function  . When I stuck the hormone patch on it went away however the patch didn’t agree with me so .... hopefully it doesn’t come back . 
  • Posted

I’ve had dizzy feelings for 5 years now, I’ve had every test going Brain MRI ct scan lumber puncture, echo cardio gram and many more, all clear and not one of my many consultants has said perimenopause, so many of us are suffering it can’t be a coincidence x
    • Posted

So true, there’s money to be made it testing.  They go backwards ruling out the bad.  In the end, they still disagree with us when we say how we know our bodies.  We can name the exact date we started this craziness.  I think on the last day of med school, while they are graduating, they get told if you don’t understand a woman’s symptoms, just say it’s anxiety and in their head.  😀

• Posted

Yes mine came on 3 months ago went to ENT but it wasn’t that it was meno . As soon as I put hormone patch on went away .... so I’m afraid it’s all hormones . 
  • Posted

I have had this for three years the severity of it is up and down the past two months has been bad it feels like I'm on a boat or like the commercial should have had a V8 like I'm walking sideways but I'm not it never ends. I'm yet to find something to make it stop Drs after Drs and no answers.its very scary at times and I hate driving scares me to death I pray it stops out of all the symptoms this is by far the one that plagues me the most as it doesn't come and go like all the other symptoms.and I pray I'm not like this for the rest of my life. Hang in there your not alone

• Posted

I had terrible dizziness and it stopped once it put the patch on .... however the patch had given me a low mood .... so debating which is worse ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.