Dizzy,Dizzy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone have ongoing Dizziness? It's not like spinning it's more off balance. I had ct scan about 8mths ago all good. But I feel as if i'm going to just hit the ground. Have been having a lot of headaches last month or so.

I guess just wanting some reassurance i'm alright. This anxiety stuff is for the birds. I get myself so worked up. Thanks 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I 100% know what you mean with the dizziness! Last within the past couple of days, I have been so lightheaded, dizzy and drowsy. Just "out of it". I also was suffering from HIGH anxiety and I was in panic mode for a bit before I noticed this "out of it" feeling so that could most likely be the cause...were you having panic attacks or dealing with high anxiety that might be causing this? Because from what I have seen, it is normal (but also frightening and it sucks, since you assume brain tumor or something horrible!) for these effects to take place when you have been dealing with anxiety, it's as if your brain is exhausted almost and needs to recover!

I also suffer from chronic migraines so I completely understand the feeling you're experiencing. The lightheadedness could also be due to your headaches.. since when you get terrible migraines, you can experience MANY uncomfortable affects such as that and also ringing in the ears, naescea, fun stuff! wink

If you had a CT scan, you are OK. It's good you got one done in order to reassure yourself, but if you are truly worried and these symptoms persist..I would say to see a neurologist (if you don't already) just to put your mind at ease! It can't hurt. And you might even be starting to get chronic migraines, which can happen at any point in life unfortunately...stress and anxiety triggers them!

Sorry this is such a long response! I do hope this helps, because I 100% understand what you are going through.

You will be ok. HUGS.

• Posted

Thank you for your encourgament. I am getting eye test next week cause I know i need glasses. getting old....lol. But it seems like it's never ending and again I'm not complaining cause their is so many people worse off then myself. But when it's your own body and mind it feels like a lot to intake. 

• Posted

Also I forgot to mention, meditation and yoga I have found helps the dizziness and off balance feeling. Drinking a TON of water, not too much caffeine and just trying to stay positive as much as possible. Almost in a way to calm yourself and your body.
  • Posted

Lately I have been feeling dizzy and disconnected from myself from anxiety and being sick. I use to get intense waves of vertigo and equilibrium problems, they check for a middle ear imbalance which I didn't have but is a good test to check out for balance problems. I also had ct, I don't know if it was just beginning symptoms for anxiety or what because I never had anything wrong with me, just weird symptoms. But I would say it doesn't hurt to get your ears checked, if it comes back fine your probably just having anxiety, stress will cause a ton of headaches. Stay hydrated too, water can help a good mindset. Good luck I hope your dizzy spells go away <3

• Posted

I had balance test 20 yrs ago. but nothing lately. i had ct scan about yr ago for headache it show clear. I don't know it gets old

• Posted

Everyone should look up Depersonalization/Derealization in this post. Many of your symptoms and thoughts I had and saw this and realized it fit exactly my descriptions. It's part of anxiety too.

• Posted

I have been dizzy/lightheaded for 3 months now,just got me one day and hasn't gone away,I have had panic attacks and anxiety disorder for years but never this symptom,have had every test in the world done and all came back normal,I can barely drive long distances without feeling uncomfortable,it's awful

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with anything! On any meds? Hoe old are you? Ginger is very helpful with dizziness. Fresh ginger juice one inch of it with an apple or celery.or get avocado rolls and use the japanese gingeR.
    • Posted

The first exclamation was meant to be a question mark. 
    • Posted

I'm 52 anxiety/panic/depression. I was on zoloft for many years and have not been on it in several months. go to doctor next week to try something different. I just stay nervous and fell off all the time. Can you get ginger in tablet? I don't eat fruit or vegatable. Thanks for help

• Posted

I only use fresh so i dont know if the capsules work. My friend used gabapentin to help her dizziness. I think it might be addicting though. It did work.Im sorry youre feeling so awful. Hopefully the doctor will have something to help you. Feel better.
  • Posted

I get that every day. Sometimes it's once a day, even less, sometimes it's like every 10 minutes.

It directly relates to the amount of stress I get. Basically, the more uncomfortable I am the more I get them. It's not even if I get upset or mad, it's the things I take really seriously that affect me the most (duh, but, it has to be said).

For example, if I get upset in traffic, I'm fine. If I get home and I realize I left something not done at work I'm a mess.

I've also been scanned and prodded, and I spent a lot of the last two years in hospitals and that triggered the bad thing.

I also suspected there was something else with me, but I have proof it's not. Once I pop a Xanax, all my symptoms go away. Unless I have the absolute weirdest disease on the planet, it's anxiety.

Mind you, before I got diagnosed 100% with GAD and panic attacks I went through a ton of scans, including CT, MRI, a ton of ultrasound, I got glasses, got medication, everything.

I've given up on trying to fix this at my current rate. I'm gonna push a bit and fix most of my immediate issues and the just take a bunch of days off. I don't know how everybody else get stressed, but for me it's work.

• Posted

Hi.  I just read your post and I feel as if it was me who wrote it because I feel exactly the same except I also feel pressure on top of my head and temples. I also had a ct scan 8 months ago and all was good. I hate going to the dr.s now because  I already know what they will say.   It's all anxiety. I was good for the last 6 months and now it's back. I hate it and I also get myself worked up thinking it MIGHT be something else. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.