Dizzy / fuzzy spells

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 52 and because of some powerful treatment 6 years ago havent had a period since then.

However over the last 6 months have started with hot fluses...not always a full nights sleep and then the last few weeks fuzzy /dizzy spells.

Only happens for maybe 20 secs but it makes me panic so that makes it even worse !

Its not all the time twice this week.

I have had a look at some info and it does indeed say it can be a symptom because its hormonal.

I just wondered if anyone else has/have these..

many thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi chrissy

Hello.. hard to say with you saying you not had a period for 6 years, due to powerful treatment..

hot flushes can be due to peri menopause and post menopause , i had them early peri menopause, and get some post menopause.. I dont take HRT.

i am post menopause age 50 now.

Hot flushes they only last a short while .. Can vary.. Come from no where.. can feel abit cold after too, not always ..

jay x

• Posted

Hi Chrissy,

I get those weird head things. I can't explain the feeling it is almost like I have bees in my fread. Only lasts seconds. Nothing out of the ordinary happens (i.e blurred vision, memory loss, nothing physical) it just scares the days lights out of me. I have have had CAT scans and MRI's.

• Posted

Hi Chrissy, I am going through this now and it is quite scary.  There are moments when I dont know what i've said or going to say and it's almost like that white noise through my head.  As for the dizziness I am having them to feeling light headed and strange noise in my ears. I don't know if I am hearing the blood pressure changing, it's weird. I also started with the flushes then the interupted sleep and insomnia so it does sound like that is what you are going through although you should maybe get your thyroid checked too, as menopause and hypothyroidism have similar symptoms, hope this helps
  • Posted

Chrissy: I'm so sorry that you are going through such back stuff...depression, anxiety and hormonal changes can literally drive you crazy...Don't be freightened by the buzzing in the ears or the crazy feelings in your head...I am 66 yrs. old, and mine started the moment I was born...I have clinical depression, and any time I'm sick, get off of HRT, or even excited about something, my head goes crazy...Just chalk it up to being a woman, and also having the unfortunate experiences of anxiety...Hope this helps, sweetie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.