Dizzy spells

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a thread called dizzy and depressed where I go into further details. But I've made some improvements im still lightheaded and jittery and nervous. When I was at the hospital on 6/1 they did not do blood work or even a cat scan they just checked my heart ekg and blood sugar. So I'm terrified that I may have a physical illness that is causing this dizziness I do have anxiety but this is the first time I was bedridden because of it. The rude doctor that came to my house scared me into thinking I may have MS or a heart problem even though the hospital didn't find anything wrong with my heart.

Those of you who deal with dizziness how did you get through your mri or cat scans where you dizzy when you did it? How did you remain still? Tomorrow I see my primary care doctor then he's going to refer me to a neurologist. The more nervous I get the more dizzy I get I've been trying to meditate to relax.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen 😊 I was exactly the same (still an a bit) always dizzy and cldnt even stand straight. Went to a&e as advised by doctor and they did a ct scan that came back clear. Now I'm not thinking about it as much it's disappearing which makes me think was totally just anxiety all along. Hope U feel better soon 😊Xx
  • Posted

It's anxiety you just have to get on with it

All my test were clear

I just tell myself it only anxiety and it can't harm me

Lil

• Posted

I have had a problem with dizziness myself. I have anxieties myself. Yesterday at work I got dizzy, weak and felt my heart racing some. I don't know if my sugar level had dropped but i did ask a mamager to get me a ginger ale and i felt a little better after that. I did stay and work until my shift was over. I was cramping a lot too and felt like maybe my menopause bleeding is going to happen because i have leakage, and bathroom problems before i have a period. 

Then i have Carpal Tunnel in both hands i had it teseted a week ago and it showed up as carpel tunnel and my hands have been going numb really badly, i also have a heal spur on my right foot which hurts a lot and inflamation on my left foot the ball of the foot. 

Today i called in sick to my job so i could rest up but my hands have been going numb a lot today so i have been keeping the wrist bands on for carpel tunnel 

I just need to vent and has any one gone through this please let me know 

Elizabeth

• Posted

I had an mri for something else recently. I was a bit dizzy when I came out. CT scan no dizziness. MRI can affect water in body hence dizziness. Dont open your eyes if you are scared its a small space and quite confronting and its loud! On my form I did have option to rewuest sedative or general anaesthetic. Its not bad just with mri get someone to drive you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.