Dizzy Spells. Help!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, I'm in peri (47) and lately have been getting dizzy spells and feel shaky and extra anxious. It doesn't help that I already had PTSD before peri kicked it up more. I've been on the mini pill for a few years tho it seems useless. The dizzy spells started happening around my period but this week it kicked up and I haven't gotten a period which also makes me worry I'm closer to menopause. Tho I am continuously taking the mini pill (but it usually doesn't stop my period). Guessing my hormones are nose-diving again. It's baffling to me doctors can't just give you more of whatever hormone and balance me out but they tell me they can't, it's too tricky. Wondering 2 things. #1 Based on your experience, do these dizzy spells usually mean you're months away from menopause or have any of you had peri dizzy spells for years? #2 What can I do? Have any of you found a way to make the dizzy spells stop or become less frequent or a way to feel better during a dizzy spell? Other than stay away from caffeine and lie motionless in bed? (I regret drinking a few glasses of iced tea at lunch tho other weeks I've done the same with no issue.) Thanks ladies!!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I hate to say it..but my dizzies didn't start until March 2018, and I was already post menopause by years.. never had a problem at all until post meno.. Everyone is different, but I do notice it's less severe the less diet drinks I drink.

• Posted

I have started to get dizzy spells in the last couple of weeks for the first time. I have had the weakness, shakiness for a couple of years but not the dizziness. I started Peri (I do believe) around age 40 I am now 46. Not sure how many more things I can put up with before I no longer function. So am as interested as you in knowing if we are close. I am soooooooooo over this. (Also suffer PTSD... symptoms also got worse after the sudden loss of a loved one)

• Posted

Thanks Jamie that makes me feel like I'm not the only younger person not in their 50s yet dealing with ALL the symptoms. 😦

• Posted

Lacking in vitamin B12 and folic acid can cause anxiety, duzzybess, poor concentration, shakes, palpitations. Work asking for blood test to get these checked, this is very common in women during and after peri/menopause, it can also be hereditary.

• Posted

That sounds like it would be about right. Hard when you know you are possibly allergic to one of those e.g. Folate supplements

• Posted

Depending on how bad the dizzy spells are I just let them pass as I have gotten used to it. But on the occasion when it is really bad then I take motion sickness tablets which calms it right down for me. I use hylands motion sickness tablets. They're herbal and have no side effects. But you can try whichever brand you think is best. But try motion sickness tablets it works for me. Hope this helps. Take care.

• Posted

I have dizziness, heart palpitations & anxiety attacks. After taking cordysceps & Vitamin 12 my conditions have improved though I still get that sometimes. It's part of menopause. You are not alone. We all have our own issues Hang in there!

• Posted

I have dizziness, heart palpitations & anxiety attacks. After taking cordysceps & Vitamin 12 my conditions have improved though I still get that sometimes. It's part of menopause. You are not alone. We all have our own issues Hang in there!

• Posted

You are not alone. I'm 51 and just started having dizzy spells a few months ago. I write down when they happen and there is no particular pattern. I also suddenly worry about every possible little thing health wise. Constantly think I'm surely dying of something when in fact all labs etc are normal. I've never ever been like this before, so I'm guessing Menopause related. I had uterine freeze done years ago so haven't had a period since. So the menopause thing is just a guess. Dr tries telling me I have anxiety but it's not that. I wasn't anxious until the dizzy spells started.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.