dla appeal yesterday and feel like just giving up on life

Posted , 10 users are following.

OMG, what an experience, im still in a state of anxiety. I developed Fibro in 2013 after i was diagnoised with dvt in my arm, multipile clots in my lungs and empazema. i have since been diagnosed crps in my left arm where i had the dvt. i was up for my appeal yesterday and i never experienced anything like it. It was question after question for one and a half hours. After they had finished i was asked to leave the room and they would make their decision.The clerk came out and reached me my files, said they had come to a decision and they would post it out to me. I dont understand why they just couldnt tell me there and then. Has anyone else ever experienced this and what was the outcome. plz help, i feel totally defeated. 

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I feel sorry for you Claire, I have had it for20yrs now & recently lots more symptoms are arising. My optician found prisms in my eyes this time due to the muscles now affecting my eyes, I've never heard of this before so was astonished.  The soles of my feet have been feeling like they're burning & I've found out that that is also connected, I couldn't believe it. I am at the moment not too good with a flair up were my head feels as though I'm 'floating' & headaches. I wondered whether anyone else has accuired thes symptons. However some days are positive so keep going.
    • Posted

Every morning i waken, the pain in my feet is horrendous. I can barely walk. I have horrible headaches, mouth ulcers, and the most God awful stabbings pains in my thighs. Every day im finding more and more symptoms. I will however, try to be positive for another day. 

I hope you find some ease soon

• Posted

Hi Cindy, Iv had fibro and lupus for 20 years and over the past few months Iv develpoed very painful feel especially my heels, Iv been to shoropidy 3 times to make sure there is no underlying problem but 3 different people can't fine anything wrong with my feet, so Iv put it down to another symptom of fibro ?

My ankles are extremely still on waking and takes a while to get them going after being in bed,

Your right things change constantly but instead of one thing going and another one comes they all flare up together.

• Posted

Hi Leona, lupus is also a terrible thing to combine with your fibromyalgia, I also have rheumatoid arthritis & was in hospital at new year with sceptic arthritis. Fortunately for my arthritis & fibromyalgia I have a wonderful consultant & GP who both understand the illness, unfortunately some sufferers are not as lucky which makes each painful day more unbearable. I hope you are one of the lucky ones Leono because it does make a difference. Keep you're chin up .
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear you were not well over the new year,

Yes you are lucky if both understand your illness and are supportive,

My original consultant is not in my area anymore she was brilliant I must say, although she admitted me to hospital several times when I was happy to go home to my bed n occations :-) she was always right though,

My consultant now I don't really know Iv only met her once, I get Id like to see you in 3 months or 6 months but I never get an appointment Iv always got to ring and make one, I should of had one in December, Iv managed to make my own for next month,

I was very very I'll from October right through until the end of January as my husband lost his son in a car accident in October we were all very close, this triggered a huge flare up everywhere, I'm still suffering but it's a lot less painful at present, probably the shock grief being strong when everyone was falling apart,

I look back sometimes and wonder how did we cope, I'm not a religious person although I beleive in Angels but the footsteps poem came to mind, someone has deffinatly carried me on more than one occation I'm sure 😀

Anyway back to what we were talking about, my head is really foggy :-) I go off like this in work it can be really embarrassing,

My GP has no or very little understanding so much so I don't even go anymore as it's quite a walk from me which can make my condition worse, I don't drive anymore as my vertigo comes on with no warning :-(

Thank you for listening

Big gentle hugs Leona

• Posted

Hi Claire, are you on any medication for the pains, I used to be on ammitryptaline for years but three years ago I started taking Dulexotine which at that time my consultant said it was a new drug, I do find it helps a little but I am now on oxycontin which is slow release & to back it up I take oxynorm & paracetamol . The oxy's certainly do work although they are a morphine drug I try not to take too many. I was on trammodol & gabbapentin before but they did nothing, so it's taken me years to finally find the right one for me. I hope you have something to ease your pain too. Hug
    • Posted

Hi Leona what a terrible time you have had & your partner, bless you both. You are right stress & worrying about something always seems to set the fibro off, I've learned that too. Any change of routine bothers me like I start to worry before I go on holiday & I know full well I won't be well for the first few days because of it. I'm always wary about having a drink too because no matter what I drink the day after I feel like I can't move, so sore all over & stiff. Often wondered if it's just me or other fibromyalgia suffers have this too? I'm going away in a few weeks to a wedding too & I've started already being anxious, about what I'll be or not able to do & not spoil it for everyone else. When I think back my Grandma used to complain about all the things I'm now experiencing but I didn't give it another thought then so I think I've inherited it from her. She used to call it Rheumatism but now they call it fibromyalgia. Now I know she must have felt terrible & been in so much pain.
    • Posted

iv just got my form today and i am to scared even to open it 

i am trying to get an appointment with dag to get it filled in 

i find anything like this starts me getting stressed feeling ill more so than normal , anixety sores at the thought of going in front of a panel

,just find it hard to cope with the stress of it all .

• Posted

Hi tiswas, it's easy to say don't worry but you do, I do hope everything goes ok bless you, we shouldn't feel like this especially with everything else to put up with. Be thinking of you try to keep positive if you can 😊
    • Posted

I am taking pregabilin, tramadol, codeine and ampitriptiline for the crps in my arm. i also use lidocaine patches. I do get some ease but i find when im in a stressful situation nothing can ease the pain. im glad after all these years you have found something that works for you. im going to the pain clinic in May. 

take care, big hug

claire

• Posted

Hello Claire,

Just weighing in with my support. It is bad that it is all about jumping thro hoops - but that's what it is, to get your benefit. Sadly many people who try to get it when not entitled, make it worse for us. You are in my thoughts and I wish you well.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

the thing is hun that those who shout and kick of the most are likely to get it because they dont want the hassel. 

just like with the absent fathers payment ,they said and i qout , we are not interested in the ones who are paying ,its the ones who arent that we want , but when they realised that was to hard they started going after fathers who were already paying,and increasing there payments.

my daughters ex has mental health issues no problem with him or anyone els getting bennifit, but when he dosent take his meds and goes out drinking an pubing and causing grief on a regular basis and is still allowed to claim bennifits ,that makes me sick .

the same as people claiming for self inflicting illnesses like chronic breathing diffitculties who spend some of there bennifits on cigs ,

and alcholics that get benfits and spend it on drink . 

there should be some conditions that should have to be adered to .like they must seek ways to give up and attend support groups and counciling and have proof that they are going .

bennifits should be reduced for anyone not doing so .

they make us jump thru hoops. .

and push us about because we havnt the energy to fight back

we are a soft touch ,we look ok we have two of everything 

so we can go to work .

never mind the pain or the crushing fatigue 

and all the other symptoms we endure ..and through no fault of our own . the whole danmed system is unfair because the ones they say they want of the system are the very ones who no how to play the system .a nd will still get it .

• Posted

I couldnt agree more, i really thought my medical records would have spoke volumes. I just was not prepared for the intence interview. I suppose im a bit nieve, i had no hidden agenda, i was clean and tidy. with hind sight, i shouldn;t have washed for a couple of weeks, poured drink all over me, put water on my jeans and pretended i wet myself. I dont understand how they cant tell the difference between people who are genuine and those who play the system.
    • Posted

i knew a lovely lady who had worked hard all her life teaching, scouts camping trips etc always busy and giving her free time to the childrena a s well . 

she had health issues but was still able to work then she was taken in to hospital after a fall and given a wrong drug which sent posien racing round her body [,the doctor on duty didnt read her notes ..] any way after all this and dying a couple of times and being brought back .

she went on to devlope cirosis of the liver due to the wrong medication 

and a fatty liver, this lead her to double incontience extreme fatigue dizzy spells and much more . 

she went for dla and i told her go as ifit was her worse day but being a positive nice person she made an effort had her hair done ,put some makeup on etc ,and make remarks like i count my blessings not my problems 

i nice positive attidude that everyone tells us to have ,and even though she had tons of medical evidence from specilist,doctor,dentist ,they turned her down . yet my daughters ex kicks of in there puts it down to his paronia and gets it .

.basicly it was down to him not taking his meds and drinking ,but thats not seen . just that he could throw his weight around and be really abusive .the blessing i count that my daughter came to her senses and left .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.