Do I go back up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on Sertraline 100mg for six wks after being on 25mg I did it too quick I know now but just didn't feel right my brain seemed like 'mush' so last wk I dropped down to 50mg I was ik for 5 days but now all of a sudden I'm drifting in and out of sleep all day breaking out into a cold sweat when I wake up and feeling woozy too. In fact I feel very ill don't know whether to go back up to 100mg what does anyone think?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow!

Have you told your doctor?

They need to moderate your use gradually.

Your body is rebelling.

• Posted

You need to give your dowse at least 6 weeks before you change you may suffer side affects for 4 of these weeks but they will pass then you can assess your anxiety and if the medication is working. The side affects you describe are normal. Personally I would stick with the 50 for at least 4 weeks your anxiety should decrease along with the side affects then book an appointment with your doctor to assess your dose, good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.