Do I have a form of ROCD?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past year, I'm obsessed with sex with my wife and she doesnt care for it as much. I went to the doctor and told him that I hardly sleep more than an hour any night cause all I do is think about why my wife doesnt want to have sex every other night. Im at the point where this is making me a little drepressed as well. I asked him to give me something that will basically kill my sex drive and stop me from thinking about it all the time. 

we have been married 10 years and all of a sudden I can stop thinking about her and how good she looks and can keep my hands off her.

He prescribed 25mg of Sertaline. I have been on it for 2 weeks and I havent improved at all. Does anyone else use it for this and when does it get easier?

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

lol, its a compliment to your wife that you find her desirable, why be concerned.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello chris

Give the medication time to work fully, say another three weeks then see how it goes

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You and your wife need some Couples Therapy!

I can't believe the doctor gave you something to calm your sex urges.

This is an intimate relationship between two people. Counselling will help you both. Having one of you drugged up sounds totally MAD to me.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

we have talked and she has stated that sex doesnt interest her that much....not much else to do but for me to lower my sex drive to her level. I go nights and nights with only 30 mins of sleep sometimes....its not good....she's always on my mind.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

if this is a recent happening, maybe something triggered this feeling, have you looked into everything about why this is happening to you.and as women get older they can lose interest in that side of life, not all but some do, you maybe can reach a compromise perhaps, good luck to you both..
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up