Do I have a heart problem ?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do I have a heart problem ?!!!!?

It all started year ago in October when I went out without wearing a jacket i know it's crazy but I was feeling really hot but as it got later on that day it I started to get colder then all of sudden out the blue I get these sharp pains my rib cage area which actually started on a Friday on that day and I had it all weekend as I was worried I called the ambulance and they check me out they said everything was fine most likely pulled a muscle but then pains were still there so I went to the hospital they had a look at me and they said the same thing I had pulled a muscle and they gave me ibuprofen which actually helped n the pain had gone for weeks but then one day I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up but didn't move I was on my phone when I got this unexplainable pain In my left chest where the heart is located I can't even put in to words that's what's scaring me the most to this day because the pain was soo horrible I actually thought I was having a heart attack and I was dying I couldn't move it would literally attack my chest i believe it was my heart. I was literally laying down and not moving for 15 mins or even 20 mins after the pain eased out I called the ambulance they came and done all tests like them wires around your body and they said everything was fine and it was probably a muscle issue. So since that pain happened from a year ago to this day I still get the pain everyday sometimes I cry before I sleep Because I feel like I got heart disease or cancer and its just killing me slowly. I've been to my doctors which they it's stress which can be true I've been under a lot of stress and other problems. But one doctor told me it's costochondritis that I have and I done my research which it does make sense since I got pains the middle of my chest bone and around the bones in my left chest but never get or the right chest for some reason and also get another pain which i believe it's my heart because is unexplainable pain like the one I got when I was the sofa I get that when I get up too quickly or if pick up something from the floor but I don't blend down. I've got x ray on my chest done that came back fine and I got a 24 hour monitor still waiting for the results but what's funny is that when I had my heart monitor fitted on my I didn't get no pains which is killing me because I'm just thinking is it anxiety or can anxiety actually cause physical pain like I'm soo lost I've been having this pain for too long. I went away for two weeks for a holiday and I only got the pain twice in that period of two weeks now that Im back home I get like everyday which I don't understand. And I've realised that when the pain is there the pain in the middle of my chest bone and around left chest bone when I do like some stretches it goes away slowly but the other pain I still find it hard to explain I don't know how to explain it's like a stabbing mixed with a feeling like there's a hole in your heart which might sound crazy but I don't know how to explain seriously that's why I think I've got something serious

Also passing gas kinda Helps ease out the pain I get the sharp like under my heart like top of my right rib and I get the pain when I move or get up too fast and get bloated after eating a big meal.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow. You kinda self diagnose with your explaination. All your visits to A.E were negative results wise. , this means you are ok from a serious problem point of view. You appear to convince yourself you have heart problems so. In my view you are a stressful personality and stress plays all kind of tricks with your body. So many tests prove you are healthy apart from stress related pains which can be scary but controllable.relax if you can dude. Let your body sort itself out. If you have costochondritis . At some point you have damaged the rib structure around the sternum and it can mimic heart pain. . I've had it for six months and only now is it receding with taking it easy. so suggestion. Keep off fatty foods. Drink loads of water. Exercise without stressing joints or musculature. RELAX. end of lesson and good luck.

• Posted

The ribs have connective cartilage between each of them, torn, stretched and damaged tissues never heal 100 percent and scarred tissues are no longer able to stretch, it sounds like you have minor scarring which is causing pain, as your stomach inflates with gasses this will put pressure on the rib cage causing the muscles to stretch and the connective tissues too. If there is any scarring the pain can be absolutely incredible depending on the severity of the damage. Of course you did the right thing my getting checked out, heart pain can be difficult to tell apart from other not cardiac chest pains.

Anxiety certainly doesn't help, the brain can make you "feel" breathless or dizzy, if you think you have a condition your body will mimic symptoms, and enforce the idea just that much more. Honestly if your ECG (all the leads attached to you) was clear twice then I have minimal concerns for your health. Ibuprofen is a very good pain killer, it also acts an an anti-inflammatory when used regularly. I would recommend continue taking ibuprofen at least 1tablet 3 times a day for a week, this should help reduce any swelling caused by recent aggravation of old injuries. And as the dose is low you can take more if you're in pain.

Regards

Mark

• Posted

I too have alot of pain in the chest and have had lots of tests ie ECGs blood tests heart scans all are clear i am unable to walk at the moment due to this and breathlessness it seems as though my whole body has seized up now. The heart consultant has reassured me my heart is fine but need to have respiratory tests and circulation. I had pneumonia pluerisy and fle back in April which has left me like this. I do know the pain you describe is exactly the same as mine and my pain i know is anxiety i have never had anxiety and it is awful i really think i am going to die i try to think positive and happy thoughts but still wake several times during the night with this and also a few times while awake x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.