Do I have a problem?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there!

I'm writing here to ask for some help.

I've been feeling depressed, irritated, angry, anxious, fearful, worried in the last couple of weeks. 

I moved to another city to study. I experienced severe anxiety for god knows what reason, that actually turned into depression, crying like crazy (rolling in bed, barely breathing etc). I gave up on the degree and that made me feel better. I didn't stay home though, I came back to find a job in this new city. I applied for several companies. I got only one interview. I was anxious again during the call, could barely talk. I blocked for a few seconds. 

I sleep ok. maybe too much. 9-10h/night.

maybe I should mention that my father was agressive verbally and physically all through my childhood and my adolescence. So my question is: do I need to see a therapist? or is this temporary and normal?

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dana, it does sound like depression with anxiety and yes I would suggest your anxiety is asa result of your up bringing and coming yo teams with it will help do councelling would be extremely useful.

It is temporary and is normal for anxiety to feel depressed and visa versa, your certainly in good company here.

I would red moment seeing your GP and discuss your symptoms and the options available to you and take it from there.

I wish you well. Neil 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Neil!

Thank you very much for your reply! I hope I will find a good therapist. I'm a bit sceptical about them. I had a bad experience with one: I paid a lot of money to hear something that I had already known and she gave no solution. 

But I know that I have never been more desperate to get help as I am now. 

Have a nice evening!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Dana, It is common for individuals to have both depression and anxiety. I began with depression many years ago, which is mostly under control presently; then I developed panic attacks and anxiety. I was given cognitive behavioural therapy  on the NHS for anxiety a couple of years ago which was really helpful. but it can also be used for the treatment of depression. I still experience anxiety but  am in control. Perhaps CBT would be a place to start recovery for you. Hope this helps..
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up