Do I have an STD?? HELP!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m a 19 year old female, who very stupidly had unprotected sex (genital and oral) with a stranger just over 2 weeks ago.

Since then I have experienced some itchiness downstairs in addition to a small pimple like sore developing on my inner thigh. I have also had noticeably more vaginal discharge which is odourless, thick and white. 

I had a full set of bloodworks done a few days ago which all came back negative for any STDS, however I’m still really worried since the blood was taken only 12 days after the sex.

Today I also got my first ever cold sore on  my lip and I’m freaking out!!! What do I do???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

any way you could post a picture of the sore? what STDs did you test for? and the cold sore on your lip is likely a previous HSV-1 infection. it’s super common and most people acquire it during childhood. it can be transmitted to the genitals via oral sex, though, with or without symptoms.
    • Posted

Thankyou for your response! 

I was tested for chlymyidia, HSV-2, HIV, syphillis, HPV and a few other things that I didn’t recognise/ cant remember on the blood work form. I haven’t actually spoken directly to my doctor since the results came back as he’s not worried and got his receptionist to inform me everything was negative. I am going to make another appointment because I also noticed a raw red patch of skin on one of my vaginal lips this eveing rolleyes 

I am totally freaked out. Wouldn’t I have gotten a cold sore before now though? I know my mum gets them all the time, but I never have. 

Also, I’m not sure how to send pictures on here?  

Thanks again for replying! 

• Posted

Okay so if you were tested 12 days out, your chlamydia and gonnorhea test could be accurate but probably best to wait til 3 weeks have passed and test again just to be sure. HIV/syphilis can be detected usually by a month but for a more accurate result you should wait til 3 months have passed... same for HSV. don’t worry about not having a cold sore til now- you may have just picked up the virus or had it for a while and it’s been dormant til now. I used to get them all the time as a kid but now at 19 i haven’t had one in a few years. over time your body learns how to suppress the virus.
    • Posted

and to upload pics you need to be on a laptop or PC! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.