Do I have an STI? Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

So Im not sure what is going on with my vagina right now, its itchy burning and super red and i have this thin white milky discharge that just like leaks out of my vagina and this has been going on for over a year and ive just been ignoring the problem because I dont want to have any think wrong but there is definetly something wrong sos imageimage

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

you have something going on there it may be yeast infection chlamydia can also cause a white discharge u should go get swabbed to determine the cause

• Posted

im still in high school and im kinda scared to tell my mom because I dont want her asking questions because she doesnt know ive had sex so im going to go to my school based health center because they do checks for stds and such but they make you pee in a cup, if i pee in a cup will a yeast infection or chlamydia be detected?

• Posted

needs a swab in women a swab is usually done for both and men a urine test as most stds effect the urethra in men

• Posted

only if was present in the urethra which it mainly effects men which is why all doctors swab vaginal discharge to detect stds in women

• Posted

I think it depends on the sensitivity and specificity.

For female, the sensitivity of cervical swab NAAT is 98.3% while specificity is 96.1%. The sensitivity of urine NAAT is 94.3% while specificity is 98%.

For male, the sensitivity of urethral swab NAAT is 97.8% while specificity is 96.1%. The sensitivity of urine NAAT is 96.0% while specificity is 97.2%.

Therefore, cervical swab NAAT is better on diagnosing 'true-positive' while urine NAAT is better on confirming a negative results.

• Posted

chlamydia can be done by urine. go to planned parenthood or some local clinics may see you even if you're a minor

• Posted

it looks more like yeast than it does chlamydia as the skin is red and the discharge looks quite thick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.