do i have anxiety??

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello people, my name is gary and for the past year my life has been very strange, it started with random blurry vision for a few moments(which i ignored) then moved on to to feeling very weak with blurry vision for hours at a time with a dose of major spaced out feeling thrown in!i decided to go to the doc who to be fair swiftley sent me for blood,mri heart tests,all came back clear. i do live a stressed life with family issues and such and also have ocd when im home(checking for fire before bed weirdly) for the last six months iv not felt felt myself at all i feel spacey and incomlete if you know what i mean for most of the day every day and its driving me nutts! its almost floaty like my mind and body arnt connected. most of my own research has led me to anxiety of some sort, my question is does anyone feel like this?if so is there any help or advise you could share? thanks for reading this.....gary

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms are common with anxiety, when your tests came back clear your doc really should have persued that side of it though. Only way really to deal with things is to see your doc,ask to speak to a therapist who can then help you decide if meds or therapy or both are what's best for you. These things tend to worsen,rarely do they get better on their own
    • Posted

thanks alot for your reply, iv been trying to beat this thing alone(my wife doesnt even know) but iv hit a crossroads now where life feels crap to be honest and im not who i was 18 months ago. is meds or therapy the only way to go?
    • Posted

Well,people often think its possible to beat anxiety alone, its possible to be feeling anxious alone -everyone feels anxious at times. Anxiety as a condition is very differentt. When your quality of life is affected then its time to look for help. The problem with trying to do it alone is that you can make yourself suffer for longer. There's nothing wrong with asking for help. Speak to your gp and take it from there. Meds I don't use,some do but I prefer to use therapy,it works every bit or more so than meds often, and is a more permenant fix than meds can ever be. Meds are only ever designed for short term use,even though they are often used long term. It really is what's best for you. Be honest with the doc,tell them how you feel and what you want to try,not just what he wants to offer. GPs aren't trained to deal with mental health issues,so asking for a referal to psychotherapy is a good idea and shouldn't be a problem
  • Posted

Yip a bit like me, I used to say I'm taking my wee turn again felt like I had took 2 strong pain killers on an empty belly!

Anxiety can effect u so many diff ways, I had the whole heart attack thing, pins n needles, couldn't feel some body part u name it I've had it! I went on cbt course n it helped me to deal with it a lot better

Now I'm trying to deal with crazy thots at the moment I'm adamant there's something wrong with me it's horrible there's been a few people that's died I know suddenly and I think it's Brot it all back but in a diff way this time! I've downloaded a book from App Store it's quite helpful

• Posted

thanks for reply,i to worry about my heath alot, had a stomach issue for a week and litterally thought it was the end! the spaced out blurryness is so annoying at the mo tho. it every day, driving especially!
    • Posted

These symptoms while manageable at the mo can quickly escalate to a chrboic problem,as can health obsessions. So,stay off google -we all symptom check but its a terrible idea, and see your doc before you find yourself out of options,it can happen very quickly
  • Posted

My advice would be to speak to your doctor again and ask for CBT, speak to your wife and ask her to support you in your recovery, get out in the fresh air and walk, do some sort of relaxation, and lastly... Do not google your symptoms, its so unhelpful!
    • Posted

thank you all for your suggestions, i think ill book myself in for a chat with the doctor asap, i must admit i have been the type of person to laugh at the thought of theropy in the past but id try anything to feel normal again! the dizzyness and panic is effecting my daily life to much now. i just told my wife how iv been feeling and how long for,it helped in a way getting it out there.
    • Posted

Well done... The first step is admitting you're struggling. It's always helpful if you've got someone on your side... You will be fine! Anxiety is treatable and beatable with the right support and the right attitude... Good luck
  • Posted

It sounds like anxiety. Iv had so many different pains/symptoms and what you described I have experienced. It lasted for 3 weeks then dissipated. If like me you will soon move on to another strange sensation, like dizzyness, chest pain, palps ect...allmine seem to last for a few weeks then i will have a week symtom free....you not alone it's very common and tough to accept as just anxiety. It's taken me 7 years to accept and understand anxiety and I still suffer....
    • Posted

Your situation is simular to mine the dizziness and floaty is almost daily.i have experinced stomach and chest pain also. I feel ok for certain periods of time then odd for weeks! Have u got any better? Or does it get better ? 
    • Posted

Yes it does get better. Once I am better though I can't seem to accept I am ok and am just waiting for a twinge, pain or a dizzy spell Then it all kick off again...I know shouldn't think like that. I am booked in for CBT therapy so am hoping my thoughts and health worrys will go after therapy. I do lots of exercise and I am fine when at intense levels, this is how i reasure myself it's just anxiety....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.