Do I have anxiety issues?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am a 20 year old female and my personality is naturally bubbly and hyper. For the past 4 weeks I have really struggled on a day to day basis with my moods and I would often every day get upset. I am in a relationship and that is all really good! My partner is supportive. I've been to the doctors about it, he has referred me for counselling but I am yet to hear anything. I wake up and instantly feel in a bad mood. It's just not me and I often feel like I don't want to go to work or I don't want to be on my own. Any advice would be wicked. Thank you

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like depression to me hun. What symptoms do you have X
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

One day I'll be my normal bubbly self, the next I'll feel really rubbish, feel like constantly crying and just feel a little lonely, I'm not very happy in my job which may have something to do with it. My health isn't great but it feels like no matter what anyone does for me to help me like my partner or mum I never feel happy or I don't seem like I appreciate it when I know inside my natural self I do if that makes sense? I'm not sure really
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It sounds like depression to be honest but I'm not a therapist.. I know what you mean with the appreciation thing! With the health you should try and be more healthy though if you feel good inside and your healthy inside it will really shine on you and make you feel better! Big hugs though this is isn't nice. Anxiety is more of a constant worry bad things are going to happen or having physical symptoms such as palpitations, headaches, body aches, sickness and so on. It sounds more like depression to me. I hope you get all the support you need xxx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi there, Firstly have a hug. I know how horrible this can be, especially when it's not something you're used to. I wouldn't like to diagnose you with anything like depression or anxiety as I'm not a doctor, but I would agree with others that it sounds more like depression than anxiety. It could be that something has triggered it. For me the common triggers for anxiety and depression are: prolonged lack of sleep, dehydration, hormone fluctuations e.g. from changing or going on and off contraceptive pills, burn-out from overdoing it or stressing too much over a long period, problems with relationships such as family or partner, a traumatic experience. Maybe it's worth trying to figure out if anything like this has happened to you recently to set it off. If it continues for a while, go back to the docs. Good luck xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for your help. It's very hard, I hardly slept last night and today I just want to cry, I know it won't help anything that's the worst bit. My partner has suggested that I go back to the doctors but I don't know how they will be able to help me
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

All the people on here could try to diagnose your situation, etc.  Wait till you see a counselor to get a diagnosis.  Keep yourself busy and find time to do things you enjoy and that bring you joy. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up