Do I have Balanitis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive been tested recently and everything came out NEGATIVE. Im experiencing a mild burning and itching sensation down there. It doesnt hurt when i pee theres no discharge and no pain when i touch down there. I didnt get tested for genital herpes or genital warts though. PLEASE HELP. imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, the symptoms you have can be described as Balanitis - the issue being what has caused this. As you have been tested for STD / STI's (other than Herpes) you obviously had a suspicion that this may have been linked to your sexual activity.

What you may have is a dermatological reaction going on or the beginnings of a skin condition. If you had unprotected penetrative sex the most common thing to get is a yeast or other bacterial infection, for which, any Medical Professional would most likely suggest you try something like clotrimazole 1% first. Using this would depend how long ago your last sexual activity was and you may have gone past the point of using the clotrimazole.

I would put some Aloe Vera Gel on it and see how it reacts. The Gel has natural skin healing properties and you can get it quite cheaply from the likes of Savers or Superdrug if you live in the UK. In addition, from the photo the other skin I can see looks rather dry so certainly using the Gel 2 or 3 times a day for 2 or 3 weeks should show some improvement.

If symptoms worsen you can certainly update your Forum Thread here - if you are really concerned about the symptoms you have then go to a Walk-In Sexual health Center and get them to check what is happening with your penile skin ......

• Posted

thanks for replying its weird it keeps coming back. this morning it isnt so bad and i went to a GP in late november and he didnt know what it could be and he prescribed me an antibiotic for balanitis but it was only 1 pill i took. it went away but this came back like almost a momth ago. could it be the anitbiotic wasnt enough or i needed a stronger dose of it or more of it?

• Posted

also i called my GP and told him it didnt go away and he suggested putting benzadine on it. so ive been putting that on there a couple times a week.

• Posted

An antibiotic will ONLY be successful if you take an entire course - the GP should prescribe you sufficient to overcome the health issue they think you have, you should NEVER simply stop taking them thinking it has sorted the issue out and you no longer need to take them.

Are you sure you have been using Benzadine - is it not something like Clotrimazole 1% Cream you are using? Again, you should use this everyday as directed rather than every now and again.

The other important thing is never to use soap to wash your penis with, and never to allow shower gels or any other cleansing agents you would use in the shower, typically to get anywhere near the head and foreskin of your penis. When you take a shower keep the other cleansers away from the head area of your penis - then take some time to rinse your entire groin region to remove any trace of the cleansers, particularly from the head area of your penis, then you must ensure you dry the head and main shaft of skin completely once you get out the shower. By doing all of these things, most men would clear up the issues they have that look like symptoms of Balanitis ........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.