Do I have depersonalization/derealization?

Posted , 5 users are following.

After a night out drinking on Halloween night (not a heavy drinker, just occasionally drinker), I have never been the same. I feel not my self and the people around me seem to be unreal, it's like I don't have that connection when I talk to other people and I've lost my identity. Everything seems like a dream 24/7. My vision is weird, kind of like I miss moments in what I see and my eyes are sensitive to sunlight. I also feel weird, kind of like I'm not myself. When I look at my hands or body, it's weird. It's like I'm learning to be a human again. My hearing is also not right, it's kind of like I have to really listen to hear what someone says. I'm barely eating, I get sad, lonely(even though my family are with me), it's hard to remember things that I did throughout the day, I have thoughts of suicide, death doesn't seem too bad when you have these symptoms. Everyday is tough, I wake up and right away I feel like this. It seems to get sort of better at night though right before bed which I don't get. I'm also going through a break up with my ex gf whom I gave a kid with and she's with someone else but i don't really think about her because what I'm going through is more tough than going through a breakup. I just want to feel normal again just like I did before I drank that night, it's hard to enjoy like this. I want to enjoy life with my daughter. Can anyone help me in diagnosing what is wrong with me?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a history of anxiety?
    • Posted

Well, I used to get like this ever since I was 11 and it seemed to go away but this time it has gone to another level, it's more severe.
    • Posted

I remember when I was 15 I had seen a physchiatrist through a telecom but I don't remember what was said or if there was a diagnoses.
  • Posted

I cant see how a night when you had a few drinks would make you feel this way. I think it started that night,but i dont think the drinks had much to do with it.

To me it sounds like depression.If you can please go talk to a counselor,they really can help,plus they can probably diagnose whats going on. I hope you feel better. Please also let people in your family know how your feeling. You need people that will listen and help you to get through this. Your little girl needs her dad,do it for her.

• Posted

I'm thinking maybe the alcohol brought whatever is wrong with me out quicker. Maybe I was eventually going to feel like this. I did think about my ex a lot before I felt like this. I'm thinking it's the stress build up.
  • Posted

Are you on medication? Alcohol can erase the benefit of the medication, causing you to have to build it back up in your system...kind of like starting it over.
    • Posted

I have been taking arthritis medication called Mylan hydroxychloroquine and other supplements for when I use to workout like vitamin D, fish oil, and vitamin B1.
  • Posted

Its the hydroxychloroquine doing it to you. I immediately got your symptoms when i started taking it. I also developed insomnia, ringing in my ears and akathisia. The drug has a half life of 60 days so it can take up to 8 months to get completely out of your system after stopping it. Valproic acid may help.
    • Posted

Also; dont drink on hydroxychloroquine. It can kill you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.