Do I have depression

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello I really hope someone can help me I am a 27 Year old F/M on and off now for about 15 years I have had bad anxiety I didn’t know what it was till about 5 or 6 years ago but lately I have seen noticing knew things I wake up a few times in the middle of the night I’m tired all day and want to sleep all day I sleep on and off throughout the day I have to make myself eat and sometimes I over eat I hate being alone I sit at home during the week with the lights off in a “Safe room” of the house I always feel like people don’t want me around I’m not going to hurt myself I do cry a times I’m always scared when I’m at home I wanna go out when I go out I wanna be at home I have to force myself to wake up to do every day things like wash my hair and brush my teeth I just don’t want to do I was trying to talk to my friends and they say they have no idea what I have to be depressed about or anxious about I laughed the other day and my friend goes see you aren’t depressed is this depression or what is this can someone help? 

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you seen a dr about this ? If not you really need to talk to someone about what’s going on for you 

I have exactly what you have plus more I’m sitting waiting for my psychiatrist appointment rite now to try and get myself sorted 

• Posted

I haven’t talked to anyone like a doctor just tried to talk to friends but they aren’t much help 
    • Posted

When I talk to my friends about this one said your not depressed you just don’t like people that’s not true ugh I wish I had someone 
  • Posted

Hi this does sound like depression there is all different forms of it , just because you laughed with a friend does not mean you are not hurting inside, i have deep depression since i was 14 and kept it hidden for years, i was the life and soul of the party till it crept up on me , i am 54 now , so i would not want to happen to me happen to you, if you think there is something wrong do not bottle it up, has something happened to make you feel this way, or is it just life in general, your job if you have one, or the job you are in does it make you happy, you are you happy with the way you look , these are all questions a lot of people do not realise can really get you down without even knowing it, is there a close friend you can talk to about it, or family member, if not you an talk to me privately, i have many here that do, i do not judge and have helped a lot, it is up to you no pressure, take care and good luck, you are not on your own x
    • Posted

Hello Jay thank you for the reply I have a part time job 1 day a week my days keep getting cut back I worry about everything stuff I know I can’t stop even it were happen I get anxious during the day for no reason I’ll be watching a funny show and this feeling will come over me I’m worried about everyone around me I don’t have a very good support system as much as I hate to say it 
    • Posted

Hi there is nothing worse than a lack of support especially not coming from family and friends who you would expect to get it from ,but i am sorry to say unless people can see a broken limb or cuts or swelling, ,mental health is very hard to prove and understand, and no one wants to think that someone in their family is not right in the head, my family at first used to take the mickey ,who would take a 14 year old seriously , but it took years before i got somewhere , but it does not have to be like that now, if your family or so called friends wont listen make an appointment with your doctor they listen, and we on this forum will listen and help you too, you are not 14, you can get help , please look after yourself 
  • Posted

Hi Harry potter need, I would agree with people on here that this doesn't sound right. Never mind what your friends say, sorry they're not health professionals, if you feel you no longer have anything that feels nice in your life that makes you laugh I would definitely be concerned if you were my friend. My doctor describes me as depressed but I don't feel it or see it the same way, as maybe she sees it. Just check it out for your own piece of mind. Good luck hope you're ok.🙂

• Posted

Hi, so sorry for how you feel. From what you describe it does sound like depression. You really should see your doctor. They may prescribe some antidepressants and arrange some counselling or similar. Everyone's symptoms can differ and it's about the right course of action for you. For me personally I take medication and am just about to start counselling. I've been suffering from depression for 6 years. Your friends clearly don't understand how you feel, you can smile on the outside and be crying inside and it's awful. Please seek some help and remember that you are not alone, much love xx

• Posted

Thank you Sarah I was feeling stupid for writing on this page but finding so much support is great I will try to talk to someone it’s easier said then done 
    • Posted

You're welcome. You have nothing to feel stupid for. In fact you're being very brave for talking on here. It is much easier said than done, I know that only too well. However now that I have, it has really helped. Being honest to my family and friends about my depression has been great as they now give me lots of support. Please try and find the courage to speak up and get the help you need, it will help. Only last week I was in hospital talking to a mental health nurse because I felt suicidal. I honestly wanted to end it all and I would hate for you to feel like that. The difference in me now is amazing. I'm not cured or perfect but I'm progressing, all with the right help and support. The same can happen for you. You've already made a positive step by talking on here so keep going. This is a supportive place and we've all been through it and want to help. Keep trying and talk on here as much as you like, we will listen. Good luck xxx

• Posted

Thanks Sarah. Music usually make me happy but wasn’t feeling it today I rolled out of bed this afternoon and got ready for my family to come home I did start writing today and getting some of my problems on paper did help I’m not ready to talk to my family yet cause my sister has depression and Bipolar and I guess I think they will think I’m doing it for attention.. 
    • Posted

Hi again, I understand that. Talking to family can be hard, especially with the circumstances that you have. In which case you really should find someone you can confide in. I really would recommend you see a doctor and they may be able to put you in touch with a professional who can help. Please don’t keep all this to yourself, writing things down is a good idea in the meantime. Much love x
  • Posted

You have all the symptoms of depression you need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist for an evaluation and perhaps some medication. Once you get an evaluation the psychiatrist will probably place you on some type of depression and anxiety medication. You will be alright just have faith and god bless 
    • Posted

Thanks I really need to get up the nerve to talk to my mom I’m not even sure my insurance will cover therapy I’m not ready to talk to my family yet cause my sister has depression and I’m afraid my family will think I’m doing it for attention 
    • Posted

Sorry to but in but I feel if your family can't support you I feel like you need to find someone who can, you may no longer be able to copy alone. Ask for someone to help you. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Sam always looking for advice I’m going to try to see if I can someone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.