Do I have depression or something else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi people thought id bring up a subject thats been bothering me for some time. Ive noticed for the last 5-6 years ive been unable to communicate with people properly and also unable to feel... Im literally unable to feel certain kinds of emotion i literally do nothing because i'm un able to feel anysort of enjoyment from anything. The last few years ive been holiday, days out to theme parks, got myself a driving license and a car and i still felt tge same as i do when im at home all day doing nothing. when people try to engage in conversation with me i dont know how to reply because im always empty and if im empty i cant reply in such a way to make it seem i want to talk as it feels pointless and tiring to me. Its like i'm on auto pilot going through the motions. im not sad but im not happy either. Everything to me feels pointless like its designed to just kill time, ive even stopped playing my computer because i feel like its a pointless endeavour that will lead to knowhere... if anyones got any suggestions id sure like to hear them as ive had enough of being like this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it certainly does sound like depression to me. The listlessness and lack of motivation and feeling. Hope you will seek help for these things with a therapist and get some medication.

• Posted

it sounds like major depression to me as well. im going through a similar issue and im trying antodepressants which im only on my 3rd week trying a new medication. i have 24/7 anxiety and depression tho not jist depression. u should tell a phychiatrist pr doctor aboutall this asap!

• Posted

Hi , It sounds to me that you have lost interest in all topics that relate to people around you, so you are no longer in the loop with any one and can't keep up on conversations. The computer can educate you and bring you upto date.

If you know what subjects your friends and co-worker, the read articles related to those subjects and watch YouTube videos...very educational and popular.

Also research your own interests . Once you have more to share, conversations will improve.

Remember ...no B.S. !

If you don't understand or know something , say so . Don't lie about it .People hate liars and will avoid you. I was avoiding my own brother's conversations because of that , but I challenged him and eventually he smartened up and now we share lots.

Definitely, the more you know , the more interesting you become and the more interested in things you become.

It's rejection that can bring you down , so you want to find acceptance.

If this relates to you and helps you , then please use it. Loneliness can make life boring and long.

Don't dwell on acceptance. It may or may not happen quickly or at all but you will soon find interests again and begin to seek new experiences.

• Posted

yes it definitely sounds like depression. Im sorry to say.

i think what you have is 'emotional blunting'.

im the same as you. i have no feelings except negative. It feels like all the joy & colour has been sucked out of your life.

I too have stopped doing things, For so long i still tried but when your enjoyment is not there you wonder why bother. It got to the point that all i wanted to do is go back home.

I hope you find some help and more so people supporting you which is really so important .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.