Do I have Fibromyalgia??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have joint and muscle pain, IBS and recurring bouts of cystitis until it's driving me mad.  Been to the Dr but has done nothing.  The pain I have seems to only affect one side of my body and I get bouts of a burning sensation up the side of my face and head.   Does anyone out there have similar symptoms or am I just falling apart!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, so sorry to see you're struggling with so many different ailments.

I wish i could say whether or not you have Fibro but its so individual to the person it's hard to say.

Fibro sufferers normally find their way to a diagnosis after exhausting most other avenues through many different illnesses and conditions.

There are "trigger points" on the body they normally use to determine fibro pain so do some research online about these also fatigue, memory problems, sleep issues as well as joint pains, IBD etc all contribute to Fibro so start writing down what is happening as you may not realise you have more symptoms.

Take print outs of the condition to your Dr (the patient + leaflets one here are very good) and discuss it more as there is no test or machine that can confirm this only the descriptions you provide along with a physical examination of the trigger points.

xxxx

• Posted

The joint and muscle pain and burningup on side of the face and neck sounds familiar, however, we all have many many differing Symtoms...ask your doc for a referral to a Rhumotologist..their the ones who diagnose the quickest...hooe all goes well for you..be blessed:-) xx Australia
  • Posted

Hi Marie,

my name is marie too. Your symptoms do sound familiar - joint and muscle pain, IBS, burning sensations. I also have fatigue (probably the worst of them all!) and muscle twitching. These symptoms are common in fibromyalgia but are also characteristic of other conditions, so a diagnosis is not always straightforward. I agree with christine - you should go to a rheumatologist, as they most commonly make the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. However, I went to two different rheumatologists before I got the diagnosis - so don't hesitate to get a second opinion if you feel that you don't get what you need the first time. You could also discuss with your GP - or if he/she is not getting the message, find a different GP.

Best of luck getting the answers your are looking for.

Marie

• Posted

check out the pain point chart for fibro on the net you have to have at least 13 points to be diognosd with fibro. are you under extra stress at the moment ibs and cystitus can be increasesd by this .

• Posted

Hi 

you don't say how old you are but I got recurring bouts of urine infections a few years ago.  This was related to being after the menopause which after the doctors managed to find a way to control the cystitis I was left with vaginitus.     All this happened a while before being diagnosed with Fybromyalgia. You're need to talk to your doctor.

kathleen 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.