Do I have fibromyalgia???

Posted , 2 users are following.

So long story cut short, diagnosed in 2012 with a grade 2 central neurocytoma which most of it was removed then, last year (March 2017) I was told there is progression so went to Florida to receive Proton Beam Therapy and have recently found out I am in remission. But have a lot of symptoms relating to fibromyalgia, which is being looked into, I struggle a lot with fatigue and according to my Fitbit which I wear to bed, I hardly deep sleep which doesn’t help. Have had a constant headache since surgery in 2012, body aches constantly, have joint pain in my knees, shoulders and sometimes hips. I find it very hard to concentrate and have memory problems. Also light and sound sensitivity. And also very clumsy and feel dizzy quite a lot, especially near edges. A lot of it could be to do with the brain surgery and radiotherapy but wanted to see if it was anything else too.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I work with people who have suffered from brain injuries, tumours and have had exstensive surgery. It takes years for the brain to recover and the symptoms you talk about are normal reaction of recovery of the brain, most of the patients I have seen who are in remission and they have simular issues with long term headaches, fatigue, weakness etc. Could be symptoms of fibromyalgia but more in likely your brain and body is in recovery as this can take years.
    • Posted

Yeah definitely, I’m just fed up of using it as an excuse, where as if I was disagnosed with something different, then people may look it better maybe? I literally keep saying I’m having “one of those days” every single day! I don’t want to be diagnosed with anything definitely not but it’d make things easier if instead of saying oh I’m having one of those days again I can say oh well I’ve got ... so excuse me, sort of thing if that makes sense?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.