Do I have genital warts?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I’ve been freaking out over the last few months. And doctor google doesn’t help (I know I know don’t google symptoms). I have an appointment this week to have a check up.  But I have these bumps at the entrance of my vagina. I’m thinking it’s VP.  I only noticed them recently as I decided to start doing self examinations.  I also have this bump on the labia near the clit.  It was painful at first and initially started out a blue/ green colour, I did pop it and blood cane out. It and since calmed a little and now looks yellow? Is this a blocked gland? It is occasionally itchy.  I had unprotected sex in May.  I had a check up a few weeks later and everything came back clear ( chlamydia/ gonorhea/ hiv and syphllis). I didn’t do a self exam then so didn’t notice any bumps. I had my Pap smear at the same time which came back normal. And they didn’t say anything then, so i don’t know if they were present then or not! 

1 like, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think I added the wrong pic of the lump near my clit. Depending on the angle it appears yellow or skin coloured. I don’t know how to alter my post to add that picture instead. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

When you had sex recently?

Is there any itching?

Doesn't look like warts.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had protected sex about 3/4 weeks ago, with a previous partner.  There’s no itching at the opening. The bump on the labia itches occasionally.  But nothing particularly noticeable.   I wasn’t sure if it was warts. As every image I’ve seen it doesn’t seem to match. But then the descriptions I’ve read seem to give mixed signals lol.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

There was only blood out of the lump on my Labia because I tried popping it as I assumed it was a pimple ? (yes I know don’t pick at things. ).  But am thinking it’s a blocked gland. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

First pic is just Fordyce spots/glands so that's totally normal. Second looks like Vestibular Papillomatosis, I think I have this myself and have been reading extensively about it recently.  I booked an appointment with a gyn next week and did an STD pap test yesterday to make sure everything is ok but am still waiting for the results sad.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah from everything I’ve looked into, it appears to be VP.  I have an appointment on Friday at the sexual health clinic (as I’m having my implant removed) but have booked in for an std check up too. I was tested as I stated above back in june, so I’m not too worried about those stds. Was more concerned about warts.  Figured the sexual health clinic would be more knowledgeable than my GP.  Fingers crossed it’s Normal. Lol 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had my appointment today at the sexual health clinic and the doctor examined everything and stated that everything was normal. Didn’t state what it was. And I agree with you it is likely to be VP. And the lump on labia I think is just blocked pores. But as long as it’s normal, I’m happy.  They also did other std screening which I’ll get the results for in a few weeks, but I wasn’t concerned about anything else. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Not sure where you’re from,  but if your UK based the Pap smear results might  take up to 10 weeks to come thru. Not the 2 weeks they advise lol. Hope everything goes well 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well, I am located in France and apparently the results will be online tomorrow (I just called) for the vaginal walls sample. The cervical one will take one week longer they said. Will see!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Went to the gynecologists this morning and received a part of my results though not the ones I'm looking for right now. No yeast infection, herpes or gonorroea whatever. Still waiting for the HPV results but, the gyn looked at me and said she didn't see any warts there, just normal vulva. She garanted me there was nothing to worry about. She didn't seem to know about VP though, she just said she didn't see what was wrong so. If this can help reassure other women... wink

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i didnt see anything wrong everything looks very nice and normal

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have exactly the same thing, even the same spot. Got checked by a nurse and said they do not look like typical warts. But she doesn't know about VP and she's not a gynecologist. So I will get a HPV and STI test later, for peace of mind.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up