Do I have Graves????

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, wondering if anyone has a similar experience or advice. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism last week, my results are: TSH- 0.02 (0.35-5.50) SERUM FREE T3- 9.2 (3.5-6.5) SERUM FREE T4- 30.9 (7.0-17.0)

My ESR is 3 (0-20)

My TSO antibody is 5.9 (I don't have the range for this only that I was told it was fine)

I'm waiting to see endo, been put on carbimazole 5mg 30mg a day, saw a different gp today who told me its too much and to only take 10mg a day?!!!

I have severe dry eyes and blepheritis, optician I saw last week said he couldn't see any signs of thyroid affecting my eyes.

Does this sound like Graves? I know 80% of underlying causes are, I'm really hoping not but I seem to be cursed medically!

Any help would be appreciated!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I got it after my son. Had preeclampsia and high bp then lots of stress and it came.from nowhere. I have a few friends that have experienced it and they are all very well now so don't worry. I was so worried and scared when i had it. The best thing is get bloods done regularly.Just do what you can with your little one. I managed to look after mine and he didnt suffer - i just had to lie in bed and let him play in my room. I was too ill to get him to nursery. It is harder for the adults to realise you are poorly!

X

• Posted

I got it after my son. Had preeclampsia and high bp then lots of stress and it came.from nowhere. I have a few friends that have experienced it and they are all very well now so don't worry. I was so worried and scared when i had it. The best thing is get bloods done regularly.Just do what you can with your little one. I managed to look after mine and he didnt suffer - i just had to lie in bed and let him play in my room. I was too ill to get him to nursery. It is harder for the adults to realise you are poorly!

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.