do I have health anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So for years I've had this constant problem where I think that something is wrong with me all the time. I go to the doctors all the time believing that I have problems with my heart or a brain tumour or something, and they've always given me scans and told me that I'm fine, but I never believe them. I always think they've missed something. 

A couple of months ago I got a bit stressed out with uni work and relationship troubles and started getting some symptoms over a few days like blurry eyes and chest pains, and I genuinely thought I was going to die. I think I may have had a panic attack but I've never had one before so I'm not sure. And then over the next few days I started getting numbness in parts of my body like my face and my arm and I thought I was having a stroke, I got an emergency doctors appointment and she said I was probably just stressed. The numbness went after a few days but then I started getting dizzy spells and twitchy muscles and I thought I might have a nerological disorder, the doctor didn't take me seriously really or give me any tests, she said I was just anxious. 

im not really sure where to go from here, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any of these symptoms? And, if anything, they have found some way to deal with it? I'm just a complete mess at the moment. I can't concentrate on any of my work or anything. I don't know what to do. 

Thank you in advance to anyone who has taken the time to read this. Sorry I'm rambling on 

Dx

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Dani

There is a switch in your  brain that is broken and it is telling you you are in danger when you are not.

You have to try and train your brain that you are not in danger and this is all psychosimatic.. Consider therapy

Stay Strongcry

• Posted

Hi Lynne82155,

Thank you, I think I'll look into therapy

smile D x

• Posted

It sounds like its making you miserable so I think you should tell your doctor and get a diagnosis.

Medication alone cannot help anxiety therapy is your best option.confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.