Do I have ibs?

Posted , 2 users are following.

In the past month in a half I have been trying to gain weight because I was skinny and I just wanted to put on a few pound while also building muscle. I started taking a mass gainer supplement/protein with creatine. And to my surprise in 1 month and a half I went from 117 pounds to 132. Which is crazy to me considering I had a hard time gaining anything in the past 5 or so years. Ever since I gained all this weight I feel bloated after eating. I also have been having anal discomfort and feeling like there a small rock stuck down there. Went to the doc for that and he did a rectal exam said everything felt normal but I could possibly have prostatitis because I also have a burning sensation when I urinate all the time(doesn’t hurt any more or less when I have a bowl movement and I have not noticed any blood). I also started noticing I was constipated so I started taking laxatives which didn’t do much, so instead I started taking probiotic supplements which actually helped.  Also my throat recently started hurting( feels like a  lump in my throat when I swallow)which I went to the doc for and he prescribed antibiotics for. But I don’t even think I have an infection because i don’t have any other symptoms.  I had abdominal pain which I went to the ER for and they did a ct scan and blood work and said everything looked normal and that I had moderate stool build up. Any one know if any of these symptoms sound like Ibs. Please let me know. Thanks. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There may be a connection in feeling bloated after gaining weight; try going back to eating less and losing the weight again.  Burning when urinating sounds like an infection as does the throat pain.  Did the antibiotics help with your sore throat?  If they did, it could be an infection.  Try eating more fruit and vegetables to see if that helps the constipation.

I would see your doctor again to get a definitive diagnosis because you have quite a few things going on.  Bloating, constipation, an abdominal pain are IBS symptoms, but I think other causes need to be ruled out first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.