Do I have it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I’m just wondering if this sounds like IBS to anyone? I get belly aches all the time and I have done for many years now. Whenever I have anything dairy my stomach starts to really hurt and I pass a lot of wind. 

I pass a lot of wind anyway, straight after I eat I have to go to the toilet! It is really annoying especially if I am out at a restaurant or something, I will get a belly ache because I’m holding it in. 

It’s not occasionally though, it’s every time I eat, not something small just a regularly lunch or dinner and I will need to just go to the toilet straight after it’s really weird. I’m tired all the time, I don’t really have much energy. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi leah,this does sound like ibs ,however i suggest you go too your doctor and explain the symptoms you have c,so that the doctor can eliminate by means of tests whether this is ibs or something else with close symptoms of ibs  
  • Posted

Sounds like IBS.  Exclude dairy and start a food diary to identify orher food triggers.  See your doctor to get a confirmed diagnosis if you haven’t  already done so.
  • Posted

It sounds as if it could be IBS or an allergy to dairy products. Have you tried cutting out all dairy products for a few weeks, to see if things improve? Otherwise you should see your GP who could arrange for some tests to see if it is IBS, and then recommend some medication for you.

Good luck!

• Posted

You should see a gastroenterologist, and get tested,. I have IBS and its gotten worse since I got older.. they are trying me on some diet thing right now..and told me to take IBgard its over the counter in a green box.. not too expensive about 25.00 for 48 capsules.. I am going thru a flare up now . most of the summer actually . hoping I can get rid of someway.. good luck 

• Posted

Stop dairy and see what happens lots if dairy free products. Best to see doctor. I too am pained every time I eat. Also burning and pain after bowel movement. I am dairy ,soya, gluten, egg, free and still have problems. Only take out 1 food at a time or you will never know what is going on. It's not easy to deal with every day but there has to someone out there that can fix this. Too many people are told they have IBS. I used to be able to eat without any problems will never I understand how it all changed. Hope you get sorted out. Prepare to be patient

• Posted

hi leah,

unfortunately if it does turn out that you have ibs then most ibs sufferer don't have meals  out as they never know how certain foods are made.i don't  know if this suggestion i have works for you like it has for me ,but here goes,i used to take citrolopram which is a anti depressant ,and took 40 mgs ,i then after 10 years got fed up with it and came off them,about two weeks later i ended up with uibs and was losing 1 stone per month,my doctor got all; tests done and they turned out to be clear,i spoke to my local pharmacist who told me that citrolopram  might have shielded my ibs ,so went to my doctor and started to take citrolopram again ,and 2/3 weeks later taking 20 mgs my ibs diarrhoea has vanished completely for the last few months

• Posted

I have IBS and can go to restaurants with no problems. IBS does not affect what foods I can eat.  However, GERD does affect what I can eat and I have to watch with spicy and certain very fatty foods.
  • Posted

Try the fodmap diet and see how you get on. Fodmap diet has been really helpful for me and follow it fairly closely otherwise I get bad cramps, wind, go to the toilet more often and feel generally exhausted. Some things are ok but others not, so you have to check and keep a close eye on how you feel. I was eating tomatoes which are a low fodmap food but had really bad cramps that felt like pinching inside. Had to cross those off and I built up safe foods I can eat. Always worth checking with a dr on these things as well. 
    • Posted

Hi thanks I have tried the low fodmap but restricted myself too much and have got more problems diet is very poor. Getting help from a herbalists so hoping for good results.
  • Posted

My gastro told me to folllow it too .. but it doesnt have much I like on it .. but I have cut back on some regular stuff.. I also admit i am a sugar holic and I need to stop with that because I have read that can cause inflamation and other problems.. I have lost a little weight this past couple of weeks with a flare up .. which I had last fall.. like Oct thru November.. I dont have any energy all I want to do is lie around.. which is bad also .. good luck .. feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.