Do I have Ocd? Whats wrong with me?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! I feel like bad person all the time and feel guilty and ashamed. I kinda hate myself and think that my brain made me feel this way. I always feel like there is something i did in past that is siriously wrong and that i could not forgive myself. I always feel like people hate me for that and that i dont deserve normal life. I feel like others know everything about me and my life and every step i make.. sometimes i feel like someone can even read my thoughts and judge me.

For example, if i search on internet and go on forum about something i do not have/like/hate/feel idk (for example Help drug addicts or smth like that) i feel that everyone can see it and that everyone is talking about me and i cant prove otherwise... (that i never did drugs)..

Im so depressed and cant live normal life. I cant remember last time i was happy. Sometimes i feel suicidal too. I feel this way for long time. Please help

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Best idea is to talk to your Dr about therapy, they can help you look at why you do the things you do and why you feel certain ways about things
  • Posted

I've been there, it sucks. I think you need professional help, but if you need to help, people on this forum can be really helpful, and always feel free to send me a PM.
  • Posted

Hello Trust me there are brighter days ahead.  Yes I have been to bottom with my feelings.  But with help I bounced back.  Sounds like you need to really look into talking to mental health professionals.  It could possibly be OCD, but you won't know until you talk with someone that is qualified to make that assessment.  I am not qualified, and nor majority on these discussions.  I recommend you find a local crisis clinic close to you call them for someone to talk to, and they can refer you to local mental health.  Keep hope alive, you will get better but it takes time. You also have to take the effort to feeling better, by reaching out!
  • Posted

If you are Christian, go to church (orthodox) and say to priest to pray over you, then start fasting and start reading Bible.
    • Posted

This can honestly help. Faith can guide you in tough times.
    • Posted

and it can also put your ploblems into perspective
    • Posted

it is good to pray.  Also is good to do a personal inventory.  Write down things that you are grateful for.  When we are feeling low, it easy to overlook the good things going on in our lives.  Fore example Though you may feel miserable about life not exactly what you expect it to be.  Focus on the whole picture.  You are alive, and breathing, healthy enough to reach out for help.  Have a place to sleep, stay warm, food to eat,  etc.  This will help you gain some perspective.
    • Posted

It may be good for a religious person to pray, but for non religious people it really has no meaning. People coming here remember are looking for medical information, not religious opinion. Theres countless other websites for religious discussion
    • Posted

Hate to tell you but spirituality plays a big role in peoples recovery of mind and body.  So yes it is beneficial.  It is a recommendation, not directive.  Spirituality gives HOPE to people to carry on.  But I do understand where you are coming from.  As some people can be only dependent of spirituality, when they can benefit from a multitude of aspects of healing. 
    • Posted

No again, for some. You shouldn't make the assumption that everyone shares a spiritual side, that's very wrong of you. Your feelings and beliefs are great,but they are just that - yours, don't assume they are shared by the majority
    • Posted

I understand where you're coming from. If they are able to use spirituality or religion to help themselves, then they should in my opinion.
    • Posted

Oh of course, religion and spirituality are a wonderful thing if you have them.  The danger is that people who read this may feel that if they arent religious in any way, then it may be something that they feel they need.  Which isnt fair on them.  It may seem unlikely, but people arrive here and may be very open to suggestion, we may need to keep thing strictly medical and clinical.  Just a thought
    • Posted

I totally get where you're coming from. My only thought is that anxiety is a mental disorder, and religion and spirituality can help to put your mind at ease, which can often help anxiety symptoms. 
    • Posted

i imagine it does if you are religious, but if your not then we shouldnt suggest that someone should think about becoming religious as it may help their symptoms, that would be very wrong - and of course isnt what religion is for, its not to be sought for material purposes.  I think as long as we highlight that for those who are religious, then religion can help them.  If someone isnt religious then thats of course totally fine and they shouldnt feel they are at a disadvantage which they arent

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.