Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +2 following
sara47617 sara47617

Do I have oral herpes? (with pictures)

So about a little more than a week ago, I noticed the right side of my face, right around my jaw was really hurting and throbbing. I ended up going to the dentist who told me my gums looked swollen on that side of my mouth, and said it's just a gum infection and that a piece of food probably got under my him. So he prescribed me an antibiotic. Around the same time, I noticed a weird red bump show up on the same area on my face, on my jawline. I thought it was just a really sore pimple. Well it kept getting worse so I went to the dermatologist who said it's either a virus (herpes) or bacterial infection but I haven't gotten the test results back yet. I'm freaking out because I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and so if it is herpes, I have no idea how I got it. I'm hoping maybe it's shingles because I think that's not sexually transmitted. I also heard that herpes is usually on your lips or mouth, or right around there, so the fact that its on the right side of my face, on my jawline, is weird. I will post a pic of it when it first showed up to now. Thanks for your help!

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.