do I have some kind of depression?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I always thought I was up beat but im definitely not the same after having kids, I cannot be bothered to do anything and its frustrating, im so drained I cant remember the last time I had energy, my cant be arsed attitude annoys me, I went to brush my teeth this morning, I was holding my toothbrush and thought I just cant be bothered, I need to get stuff done but I look at it and cant do it, I keep getting these little anxiety attacks that get worse when people expect me to do stuff for them, sometimes I want yo run away but I have a husband and kids, most of the time I do the minimum because I have to not because I want to, I ache constantly and lethargic alot lately I keep saying I want to exercise but dont do it, I use the kids as an excuse as to why I dont do anything, just lately I have been having a sneaky drink so I can get on and it works, im less stressed I get stuff done and I enjoy it but I cant do that every day, am I just lazy?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya

No you are definitely not lazy I would say that sounds like me. You don't say how old kids are but could be post natal or normal depression. Go and see your gp and let them know how you feel. If you think you will get too emotional write down or show him your post here so that he can give you the help you deserve and need. No matter what anyone else thinks depression is an illness and can be treated . Let us know how you get on x

• Posted

Hi.  Sounds like you're unwell to me.  Go see your GP.  On the good side... a) you already identified your problem areas, and b) you know you want to do something about it.  Sounds like you just need some help to me.  Go get yourself some help and stop blaming yourself.  Life is difficult.
  • Posted

Oh I know the feeling but I am older and Son married so only me and Hubbie but still feel guilty don't do what I used to,cannot go shopping.But enough of me just so you don't feel it's just you if we are all truthful on here which we are we know anxiety and depression can do this, little steps at a time dont try to work out why do what you can and if it is anxiety then the hardest thing is to try and accept it.I would suggest you go to GP for help and as suggested try and remember everything to tell him,write it down even not silly they have seen others with it written down.Please don't google symptons because you will have every illness on there,and try not to let the answer be in a bottle,or you could end up with another problem.

Keep posting on here and let us know how you are,always somebody will answer ŷou  we are a friendly bunch on here.

joan xx

• Posted

Hello, I know what I am about to say is probably going to sound a little strange, but do you have any 'silver' fillings? I wont go into the details but if you do then I wholeheartedly suggest that you do a little research into this! Given that they are made of 50% Mercury, mentally (and physically) speaking this can cause a whole host of problems! If you have them, please look into it! it may be the best thing you ever do!

If not, then it could be related to a lack of certain nutrients. Try niacin (at a very high dose.. research on depression!), L-tryptophan (an amino acid), omega 3,  magnesium, selenium, zinc, D3 and B vitamins, all specifically related to mood. Perhaps introduce a natural 'Wholefood' multi vitamin and mineral.

I hope you begin to feel better soon.... I wholeheardedly understand how you feel!

• Posted

thank you everyone for your reply, my phone wont let me reply so i had to get to a computer, i appreciate the response but i still feel a bit silly about the whole thing, i was going to mention it to the doctors when i went in yesterday but im just useless lately, not to mention forgetful!!! i am 27, even tho i keep forgetting my age lol i have 2 babies the oldest will be 2 soon, i have the rod in my arm but i dont think any problems come from that as i was pretty nasty before, i think it was left over hormones from the pregnancy. i dont have any fillings but i will consider that if i ever do but i think the vitimins is a good thing to consider, i am sure i was depressed a while back, in 2008 i lost my 1st baby at 6months pregnancy, i didnt let anyone know that i wasnt ok, i just stopped talking to people, cried every night that kind of thing, but i got over it, in the end it was good to talk to people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.