Do I IGNORE BURNING LEGS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Again I write another message but important one

Some days and yesterday after buying Sketchers go walk purpose shoes, I did a power walk for the first time in a year

But different symptoms im getting the last 5 months and has come on very strong today after that power walk is off like massive chaffing between my bones and muscles, lots of friction and as if under my skin it's severe carpet burn all the time

Sometimes feels like someone under my skin of my legs is going up and down with stinging nettles and it's burns a lot

I have got very used to this feeling, so I tend to ignore it but if anyone knows that this may be alarm bells or has medical knowledge which I don't off the right test I need done I'll be eternally grateful

Happy and Healthy new year to you all

Lots of love Kristian xx

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

I know what your talking about ,I have exactly the same but no idea what it is . It's just like a friction burn and stings 😩

I don't have it all the time but most days at some point. . 

Mentioned it at my 6 week check up but it was just dismissed and he said

"early days in the healing process" 

love to know what it is too . 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Im 39 year old man and sadly in 2015 I became HIV postive so to try and counteract that I've always been great at Aerobics and Zumba and power walking

Going crazy down a hill in town power marching, last January I lost my balance and my right leg came on as heavy as an elephants leg and for 12 months it's been misery

It's stinging a lot more worse today since I did the powerwalking 2 days ago

I keep getting told to try swimming but I loathe the idea, I love dancing and tomorrow although in lots of pain im going to try and walk a mile or 2

Love Kristian xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Have you seen an orthopedic surgeon and had an MRI? OMG I can't believe it's been a year and you haven't had help! You're probably doing more harm than good with all your power walking! Try giving it a rest and stop. Pain is your body's way of telling you somethings wrong! Please get help. Prayers for you.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I did have x Rays and seen a neurologist and sadly everything showed normal

I stopped power walking but felt bit better and started 2 days ago I did a power walk but my legs keep popping and burning as I write this message it feels like my legs eating a vindaloo

I have to keep walking even in pain, were meant to walk 10 thousand steps a day to avoid stroke, heart attack, diabetes etc

So I feel helpless both ways xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Did you get an MRI? I'm a workout fanatic too! But you're damaging yourself. You need to get some answers first! You can still do upper body workouts. Sit-ups push-ups weights. Just don't do the power walking. Call an orthopedic surgeon and make an appointment Monday! If you cause too much damage you may not be able to powerwalk in the foreseeable future! Just take off a few days please. Let me know how you make out. An x-ray won't show soft tissue damage. Only an MRI will.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sadly im a disgrace to the male race, I couldn't bear to do sit ups or squats or anything regarding the gym

I sadly like all high intense activity such as Zumba and Aerobics

I don't want to get you having the wrong idea, I don't power walk I stopped that a year ago but I think I'm going to walk home now which is 2-3 miles as I need to do some excerise but start the first mile slow and maybe speed up

Surly I can't damage myself from walking?

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up