Do I just need to pull myself together?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m so anxious when I’m at work even though I think I’m doing well at it. By most people’s standards I’m pretty successful - I have a great salary and a beautiful fiancée and I do actually enjoy my job but i constantly worry about screwing up, which makes me less productive and makes me worry more and so on. Is this normal? Do I just need to get a grip and stop self pitying?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Chase yes it's normal and yes you should get a grip. It appears as if you don't want to lose what you got, very normal. Don't let it consume you. It easy to want to be in control of yourself and all that surrounds you, but this is where the problems begin. If you're doing to best you feel you can do, that's all that matters. Life will throw a lot of things at you, make the most of it and do the best that you can.

Likewise, I have a beautiful wife and solid job and for a good while there I overworked myself and dedicated myself too much to my job; had this ideology that if things were perfect at work then everything else in my life would be. This couldn't have been further from the truth. It got to the point where I couldn't relax on my days off and then, of course, the physical symptoms of stress and anxiety began to show up and unfortunately when this happens, there's no quick turn-around solution.

Mistakes or screwing up is how you learn, if it happens own up to it - much easier in the long run. Anyway, good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.