Do I need to increase??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on 10mg for 3wks now (start of week 4)...

I don't feel as anxious as I was but I do feel lost as in what way to feel... lately I'm very down and irritable an some days I can't sit still...I've also alot of pressure behind my right eye which is very irritation..

I don't feel like I'm same person as I was I feel very different.. brain fog I think 

I'm not sure whether to up my dosage as the side effects are horrible... will they get worse if I up the dosage.? 

Any Advice 

Thanks Cheryl smile

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi there Cheryl. I'm going up to 40 mg tonight after being on 30 for 4 weeks. I initially started on 10 myself and I was worried too that side effects would get a lot worse. I found they only increased slightly and if anything they were at their worst when I first started as its your body getting used to the meds. So I wouldn't worry too much if you do go up ( if your doctor asks you too ) it really isn't as bad as you may think it will be. Hope this helps. 

Jimmy

• Posted

Hey Jimmy

thanks for replying 

I'm not sure whether to or not because I feel that it's still early days for me as I'm only starting week 4...

But I do still feel off an in a bubble at times... I think I've no patience an eager to get back to myself 

How long did it take for the side effects to wear off with you?? 

Thanks 

Cheryl

• Posted

The worst side effects ( nausea etc) settled after a couple of weeks but i still get the odd dizzy spells and low mood. Definitely patience is key when starting these. Been told that by quite a few. Went to see a psychiatrist and she said it can take between 2-3 months to see the full effect but should see improvements before that. Stick with it if you can and I'm sure it will turn out well. If not a different med or adding another one may be required. Whatever happens you'll find one that suits you. 😀
    • Posted

I can't say I've noticed that,  but do know that increasing the dose can start off side effects again. I'm sure that will settle down too. If not then I would speak to your G.P. about it. After all it's ment to make you feel better not worse. I would hang in there a bit more though. 
    • Posted

Just had my first dose of 40 so I'll keep you posted if I feel anything different. 
    • Posted

Dee- I have that very unattached feeling. I have been on 40mg now for 2 weeks. Started on 20mg for a week before. Was in a constant panic and anxiety reached an all time high. The meds are slowly working but feel that I am not really apart of anything and almost lost feeling. Often just carrying on doing what I am doing without even really thinking. 
    • Posted

I feel the same way.  I am on 3 weeks of 40mg. Has this happened before to you?
    • Posted

This is my first time on this high of dose. I was on 20mg for about 7 years and went off cold turkey. Hot rock bottom with real real real bad depersonalization. Have been on the 40mg for 3 weeks as well. I am noticing the fog and dream like zombie state seems to be getting better and better. I would say it is just another side effect of the meds and shall pass with time. When I don't think about it then it's like its not there. The meds should help. I plan to stay on 40mg but may try to get back down to 20mg. 
    • Posted

Did you have this before taking the meds too?
    • Posted

I did have it real bad before. I am having it bad today as well. Just very spaced out and not all there. I am thinking about lowering my dose back down. 
    • Posted

Everyone keeps saying this goes away.  That the meds take 6-8 weeks and this is the last thing that does.  Have you heard that too
    • Posted

I have heard that. It is just so scary. My anxiety has gone away and the negative thoughts are no longer there but I still feel very unattached and spaced out. My fingers are crossed for the both of us that it does go away. 
    • Posted

Did you have this before starting citalopram too? That is a good sign about your negative thoughts.  That means you are on the road to recovering.  How are you sleeping
    • Posted

I did have it before starting on Citalopram. It was much much worse before I started. I am sleeping a little better. Instead of falling asleep at 3am I am going to bed around Midnight. Still very spaced out though so going to try lower down to 30mg on Citalopram to see if that helps. 
    • Posted

Hang in there message me if you need support.  We will get through this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.